Sign in to follow this  
1b4igo

Top waiver wire: LJ, Betts, Chambers or other?

Wondering who everyone will target. If LJ signs in Pitt, he could be huge. Neither Chambers or Betts interest me that much, but if others are jumping, I'm not adverse to blocking since I can cut my extra K with Longwell coming back.

How would LJ signing with Pittsburgh be huge? Because he'll battle Mendenhall and Parker for 1st & 2nd down carries as the 2nd or 3rd option, or because he will almost never be in the game on 3rd downs or passing downs because that's when Moore comes in? He will be a worthless fantasy option for the rest of this season in my opinion. Of all the guys you mentioned, Betts is the only one I would even consider, more so in PPR leagues.

Why do you even have 2 Kickers in the first place?

Wondering who everyone will target. If LJ signs in Pitt, he could be huge. Neither Chambers or Betts interest me that much, but if others are jumping, I'm not adverse to blocking since I can cut my extra K with Longwell coming back.

LJ will NOT sign with Pittsburgh. The "rumor" is merely him WANTING to play in Pittsburgh. That's it. He wanted them to draft him originally and would now like nothing better than to go to a winner.

Won't happen. Most of all, they don't need him. They have Mendy, Moore, and Parker. What do they need a slow, used up RB for? The three they have are ALL better!

Plus, the Steelers aren't in a desperate situation where they need another body. Try Clevelend or Houston, much better fits. Plus, Pittsburgh has never been a team to panic and bring in a guy like this just because he has the "name" factor.

Won't happen.

Didn't want to cut Longwell so I cut Massaquoi for Stover for a week. Good input. We have a bunch of Steeler homers, so my hope was his appeared value would increase, too. Nobody i pick up this week will start unless I have 3 injuries, so I'm always looking to grab the "popular" choice in hopes of trade bait.

LJ will NOT sign with Pittsburgh. The "rumor" is merely him WANTING to play in Pittsburgh. That's it. He wanted them to draft him originally and would now like nothing better than to go to a winner.

Won't happen. Most of all, they don't need him. They have Mendy, Moore, and Parker. What do they need a slow, used up RB for? The three they have are ALL better!

Plus, the Steelers aren't in a desperate situation where they need another body. Try Clevelend or Houston, much better fits. Plus, Pittsburgh has never been a team to panic and bring in a guy like this just because he has the "name" factor.

Won't happen.

I was going to post these exact same comments. Regarding OP's question however, the best pick-ups this week would prolly be defenses if you need them, specifically Dallas and Cincy if available (they likely won't be) and Tennessee - which is starting to come together and play.

IMO Kolby Smith, Chris Chambers, Jason Hill, and especially L J are fools gold. Might as well move along - nothing to see here. Betts has some value at least (although it is rumored that L J will wind up there too or in Houston).

But I wouldn't bet much on L J having any meaningful fantasy value wherever (and whenever) he goes.

Other than defenses, it is Betts and perhaps Coles or Lance Long in PPR leagues. Just my opinion - every WW is different, and yours might have a prize in it, but most WWs are pretty barren this week, at least in 12 team leagues.

Absolutley dont get the LJ Stuff. He was untradable and unplayable and on the waiver wire in most leagues when he was the starter getting 25 carries a game. Now that theres a chance he can go share carries in Pitts, HOU etc people will actually pick him up? He ran for 2.7 in KC and its not just the line. Jamal Charles and Kolby ran for more than 4YPC yesterday and looked good. Hes a 30 yeard old back who is on the down side of his carear and is a major headache.

Steelers made a horrible choice not picking LJ instead of going with that horrible safety. Whats his name Troy Pocamoma?

:headbanger: :doublethumbsup:

I think LJ calls him Troy Pokahomo.

:dunno: