Sign in to follow this  
R8RMick

Shonne Greene...

There's a better than average chance they just might want to see what he has. With some big decisions to make on Thomas Jones' contract next year, and nothing to lose the next couple games, they just may want to see how he handles the load.

There's a better than average chance they just might want to see what he has. With some big decisions to make on Thomas Jones' contract next year, and nothing to lose the next couple games, they just may want to see how he handles the load.

I don't think so. They are still in the hunt for a wilcard spot and until they are not, they roll with T. Jones. When they no longer have a chance at the playoffs, insert Greene. But not until then.

Jones has had an interesting career. 5 1000 yard season in a row and every team he has ever been on has been looking for his replacement soon after he shows up. I've never heard anything negative about him on or off the field, he plays banged up, blocks and catchs well. So what gives?

I don't think so. They are still in the hunt for a wilcard spot and until they are not, they roll with T. Jones. When they no longer have a chance at the playoffs, insert Greene. But not until then.

Jones has had an interesting career. 5 1000 yard season in a row and every team he has ever been on has been looking for his replacement soon after he shows up. I've never heard anything negative about him on or off the field, he plays banged up, blocks and catchs well. So what gives?

First off, it will take a minor miracle for the Jets to get in. I think there are six million reasons they are down on him for next year, plus the third rounder they spent on Greene. The question is, will TJ take a paycut? The man is 31. And many times a player will chew on sour grapes if asked to renegotiate, though often they will agree to it.

For a new team.