Sign in to follow this  
BigMilk

Jets D against Indy?

The matchup looks terrible on paper and the Jets are on the road. I've been rolling with their D most of the year and am generally superstitous about making changes in the championship, but I'm very close to plugging in the Falcons D this week. Then again, if Indy is going to be sitting guys and generally has nothing to play for, I could see a fired up Jets unit doing some damage.

Most of the rankings I've seen have the Jets pretty close to the bottom this week; anyone else think they'll be a surprise and get some points against the Colts?

Indy DOES have something to play for... an undefeated team. If Indy wasn't undefeated I'd say for sure the Jets D is a sneaky play... but I think Indy's starters (especially Peyton Manning) will play until the game gets out of hand.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with starting the Jets defense thanks to my league's commish turning off transactions when the playoffs started before I was able to pick up another defense. Not thrilled about the matchup but I just hope that they can manage to score a touchdown on defense and get a couple of sacks and takeaways for a decent point total. If they could manage to hit Peyton hard enough to influence Caldwell to pull him out of the game earlier than he anticipated that would be an extra bonus.

My commish turns off transactions before the play offs too, so I'm stuck with the Denver D vs. Philly in the championship. Awesome.

I thought about starting the Jets D but it's too big of a gamble if you have other options. I'd only start the Jets if I knew the Colts studs would only play a half. The Jets didn't touch Matt Ryan last week. They will not touch Manning this week. I think I'm starting the Colts D, eventhough Freeney & Bracket will be limited.

Our commish shut off our WW in November and I'm stuck in the championship game with no kicker. I have Carney & Folk :thumbsdown:

Indy DOES have something to play for... an undefeated team. If Indy wasn't undefeated I'd say for sure the Jets D is a sneaky play... but I think Indy's starters (especially Peyton Manning) will play until the game gets out of hand.

they should have something to play for in an undefeated season. But i bet the dont :thumbsdown: Im picking the JETS in this game. If Sanchez can stick to game management and not throw 5 picks the JETS win. The COLTS will get behind and sit there players and blame that for the loss :nono: Cant wait to read 'kmbyrant' freak out :lol:

Our commish shut off our WW in November and I'm stuck in the championship game with no kicker. I have Carney & Folk :nono:

what the hell kinda bush league is that :thumbsdown: :lol: Some of the most fun in fantasy football is playing the waiver wire. I played in a league for 2 years that had maximum moves and absolutely hated it :wub:

what the hell kinda bush league is that :music_guitarred: :thumbsdown: Some of the most fun in fantasy football is playing the waiver wire. I played in a league for 2 years that had maximum moves and absolutely hated it :thumbsup:

It does suck. I submitted a rule change to extend our ww transaction to the last week of the season but it got voted down. I'm going to submit the rule change again. I knew something like this would eventually happen and of course it's me. What's crazy is I spent my last ww on Carney to back up Folk. The next week Carney got benched then we all know what happened to Folk. I just hate the fact I can't do anything about starting only 9 players against my opponants 10. Sorry didn't mean hijack the thread back to the Jets D

It does suck. I submitted a rule change to extend our ww transaction to the last week of the season but it got voted down. I'm going to submit the rule change again. I knew something like this would eventually happen and of course it's me. What's crazy is I spent my last ww on Carney to back up Folk. The next week Carney got benched then we all know what happened to Folk. I just hate the fact I can't do anything about starting only 9 players against my opponants 10. Sorry didn't mean hijack the thread back to the Jets D

In my league, transactions were to be open all the way through the season but after a controversy occurred over confusion about how teams qualify for the playoffs a couple of guys that thought they were going to be in the playoffs but weren't dropped all of their stud players in disgust. A couple of teams managed to put in claims for some of the players before I alerted the commish as to what was going on and he turned off transactions. Just wish I had picked up another defense beforehand.

One thing I can say about the Jets is that after watching the game last week against my Falcons I can tell that Rex Ryan and their whole defensive staff take a lot of pride in being the league's #1 defense. The secondary especially plays with a lot of swagger and their linebackers love to hit. I really don't see the Colts getting out to a huge early lead and cruising the rest of the way like everyone is expecting them to. They really haven't been blowing out teams all year so I expect another dogfight. A few things the Jets defense has going for them today:

1) #1 pass defense and #1 overall defense

2) Manning hasn't been as careful with the ball this year as in years past with 15 interceptions, including three 2-interception games and one 3-interception game

3) Garcon is out, which likely means that Austin Collie will have to move outside. Collie has done a lot of damage working out of the slot this year but hasn't played on the outside much. Garcon is also the Colts only big-play threat besides Wayne, who will be locked up by Revis all day, so the amount of big plays they are able to make could be few and far between.

4) The Jets are the 2nd best team against tight ends in terms of fewest fantasy points allowed this season, so there's a good chance they could hold Dallas Clark in check.

With that said if I had the option I would pick another defense but I don't necessarily think the matchup is as terrible as it might seem

Yup......the Jets ended up being a sneaky good D this week, one D TD and a return TD. Good thing I dropped them for SF, at least SF did well too and only "lost" me 4 points.

I started the Saints vs TB over the Jets based on one of those recommendation sites as the final factor. I had a gut feeling that they'd be playing all out with the Colts coasting with bench players, but I mean the Saints are still playing for the #1 seed and it's the Bucs...

Cost me 11 points and I'm down by 22 with Peterson left tonight. May have cost me.

I can't honestly say that it was an obvious choice though. If you did it and it worked you look like a genious though.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with starting the Jets defense

Man that sucks. How'd that workout for you?

:banana:

Gotta love fantasy football "dumb rules", give your commish a hug as you accept your check!