Sign in to follow this  
Connorsdad

12th pick !

I got the 12th pick in one of my money leagues. And i would like to get some advice from the community of experts.

Scoring: 6pts all td's

1pt every 50yds passing 1qb 2rb 2wr 1flex(rb,wr) 1te 1k 1def

1pt every 20yds rush/rec

non-ppr league

no keeper/snake draft

QB's go pretty quick in this league. I am going to wait on one till the 4th to 6th round unless someone falls to me in the 3rd.

I know these other owners pretty well so i can just about list who will be available. I appreciate any advice on which way i should go with picks 12 & 13.

Available players: Dwill, Shonn Greene, Mendy, Ryan Grant, Ryan Mathews, Moss might slip maybe.

Thanks for your help and goodluck this year!!

I got the 12th pick too and did a couple of Mocks, it looks like going RB/RB would be the best option.

There are a couple of WR that will fall into the 3rd/4th for us that might put up top 5 numbers (Rice, Steve Smith & Marshall).

Kolb which i'm pretty high on should be there in round 5/6 or even Farve in round 7/8.

Back to your question.

I would go Greene & Grant. Why Grant? Barring injuries his floor is still pretty high compare to the other players.

He is in one of the best offense in the league and should get 18-20 carries a game. He finished an unsexy 8th overall for all RB last year.

Dwill - Split carries and have potential to lay an egg in some weeks if Carolina struggles.

Mendy - No big Ben and really faded the 2nd half of the year.

Ryan Mathews - Rookie

Moss - Age and issue with commitment. A uncommitted Moss is not one where you want as your top WR. I think a Rice, Marshall, DJAX or Steve Smith have potential to match his numbers this year.

I got the 12th pick in one of my money leagues. And i would like to get some advice from the community of experts.

Scoring: 6pts all td's

1pt every 50yds passing 1qb 2rb 2wr 1flex(rb,wr) 1te 1k 1def

1pt every 20yds rush/rec

non-ppr league

no keeper/snake draft

QB's go pretty quick in this league. I am going to wait on one till the 4th to 6th round unless someone falls to me in the 3rd.

I know these other owners pretty well so i can just about list who will be available. I appreciate any advice on which way i should go with picks 12 & 13.

Available players: Dwill, Shonn Greene, Mendy, Ryan Grant, Ryan Mathews, Moss might slip maybe.

Thanks for your help and goodluck this year!!

With 1pt/20yrd rush/rec and 6pts for all passing TDs, your league scoring system highly favors QBs in proportion to RB/WRs. Be careful of the advice on this board as many don't play with that scoring system and may not appreciate the importance of the top QBs in this sort of league.

On to your question...

What QBs do you think will be gone by your 1st pick? You may want to actually consider a QB/RB selection at the first turn. I play in a very similar scoring system as you and by the time it gets back to me at the 3rd/4th turn, I anticipate the following QBs being gone: Brees, Rogers, Manning, Romo, Brady, Rivers, Shaub, Farve. I know that seems crazy to most, but that's just how the QB supply/demand goes in my league. If you don't jump on a QB early you're looking at Eli, Kolb, Cutler as your starter or a QBBC if you wait until the 5th/6th turn.

My suggestion, if Brees, Rogers, Manning, or Romo are there at the turn take one of them. They are the only QBs that have the potential of putting up a 35+ TD type of season (I'm not that high on Brady). I would pair that QB with either Greene or Mathews... Mendy scares me

With 1pt/20yrd rush/rec and 6pts for all passing TDs, your league scoring system highly favors QBs in proportion to RB/WRs. Be careful of the advice on this board as many don't play with that scoring system and may not appreciate the importance of the top QBs in this sort of league.

On to your question...

What QBs do you think will be gone by your 1st pick? You may want to actually consider a QB/RB selection at the first turn. I play in a very similar scoring system as you and by the time it gets back to me at the 3rd/4th turn, I anticipate the following QBs being gone: Brees, Rogers, Manning, Romo, Brady, Rivers, Shaub, Farve. I know that seems crazy to most, but that's just how the QB supply/demand goes in my league. If you don't jump on a QB early you're looking at Eli, Kolb, Cutler as your starter or a QBBC if you wait until the 5th/6th turn.

My suggestion, if Brees, Rogers, Manning, or Romo are there at the turn take one of them. They are the only QBs that have the potential of putting up a 35+ TD type of season (I'm not that high on Brady). I would pair that QB with either Greene or Mathews... Mendy scares me

Good assessment. Waiting on a QB in a league like this could really put you behind the teams that grab a Rodgers, Brees, Manning, etc...or even Rivers, Romo, Brady, Schaub, Favre. These guys likely won't be available at the 36th/37th picks. It's not near as easy to make up ground with better RB's/WR's in this scoring format. The value actually lies in the top QB's. I'm not quite as high on Romo, but if Rodgers, Brees, or Manning are there at #12, I think you have to take one of them. Their guarenteed 30+ TD's with upside for 35+, is much better than hoping Kevin Kolb gets 20-25 TD's. Even if Kolb gets that, the top QB's should still outscore him by 4-5 points per week, and you won't find that big of a discrepency between a RB you can get at #12 and the RB you can get at #36.

I'd probably pair a QB with someone like Shonn Greene. Greene has the highest TD potential in my opinion of any of the RB's who should be available to you. I also would take a look at Randy Moss if he's available. He is in a contract year and Tom Brady is one more year removed from his knee injury. In this scoring format, Moss has the highest TD potential of any WR. He had 13 last year, and I see no reason to believe he doesn't at least match that figure this season.