Sign in to follow this  
salparadise

Ahmad Bradshaw Getting Majority Of First Team Carries

"RB Ahmad Bradshaw (yes, I put him in the starter category because he's taking all of the first reps with the starters, it seems) continues to look like his rookie self. He went off left edge and moved well, changing direction a few times. RB Brandon Jacobs looked pretty good tonight as well."

Source: Newark Star-Ledger

It is very early in camp and this could be just a motivational tool of Coach Coughlin’s. Either way, we predict that the Giants will use Bradshaw as the starter and move Jacobs to a short yardage and goal line back.

@ Bradshaws current ADP... 81 overall . I will be stashing him away as my fourth all day. Jacobs ADP is 60 overall . ( ADP-from Fantasy football calculator)

I just have that gut feeling , that being said , ssshhhhhhh

I heard something on ESPN radio a couple weeks back that the Giants were going to give Bradshaw a legit opportunity to take the starting job. But when I saw his ADP stay the same, and no one else talking about it, I assumed it was false, or just normal TC coach-speak.

Now it looks like the word is getting out. Luckily my first money league drafts on Sunday. As long as this stays hush for 48 hours, here's to grabbing a steal in the 7-8th round. :cheers:

I heard something on ESPN radio a couple weeks back that the Giants were going to give Bradshaw a legit opportunity to take the starting job. But when I saw his ADP stay the same, and no one else talking about it, I assumed it was false, or just normal TC coach-speak.

Now it looks like the word is getting out. Luckily my first money league drafts on Sunday. As long as this stays hush for 48 hours, here's to grabbing a steal in the 7-8th round. :cheers:

.. and the rumors about him limping around mean.... ?

I think it's pretty clear that AB provides a greater every down dynamic to the RB position. Jacobs, believe it or not, is more suited to be the "change of pace" RB in an offense. It would prolong Jacobs career to do so IMO.

.. and the rumors about him limping around mean.... ?

You mean the report that's over a week old?

According to the NY Daily News, Ahmad Bradshaw was "limping much of the spring and limited in minicamp" after undergoing three offseason surgeries -- one to each foot and one to his ankle.

Which was then followed by:

Ahmad Bradshaw (feet, ankle surgeries) looked "as fast and shifty as ever" Monday, according to the New York Daily News.

Ahmad Bradshaw reportedly looks 100 percent and shows no signs of offseason surgery to both feet and his right ankle.

Bradshaw is "cutting sharply" and "darting" through defenders in the first live drills of Giants camp.

There are a lot of players limping around right now in camp, that should be just fine for Week 1. I'm going to say Bradshaw was one of them.

As it was, I was targeting him in the later rounds as a RB4/5, since I don't trust Jacobs to stay healthy for a whole season. If he's really about to take over the starting job, I'll bump him up a few spots on my board, and grab him as a high-end RB3, with the potential for more. Not bad for a player you can usually get in the 8th round or later.