Sign in to follow this  
slash

how do u rank player value for draft

I am trying to determine what is the best method to use to rank my players for draft? Adp or upcominf years projection? Or a combination ?

i use a combination of both. I created a spreadsheet to enter both projection rankings and ADP rankings as well as some other rankings from other sites and weighted them based on what I felt is more important. from that i have a rating for each player that i can tier from.

Course, sometimes it seems like at the end of the season I do about the same as the guy who prints off a cheatsheet the day of the draft so take it for what its worth. i like to feel i did the most i could to prepare so i go ahead and put in the work.

I am trying to determine what is the best method to use to rank my players for draft? Adp or upcominf years projection? Or a combination ?

It is time consuming and involves a lot of boring research, but I prefer to use projections that I have come up with on my own. I list the players in a spreadsheet, along with their projected results. When ranking a player, I take into consideration the offense he is in, the Coordinator, and with any player, I will take into consideration whether they will be playing with a lead or from behind. Sometimes my projections have someone several rounds ahead of their current ADP. If so, I will usually try to wait and get "my" player closer to his listed ADP ranking. I don't mind reaching a few rounds early if I have a strong conviction about a player though. This year I feel very strongly about a couple of players and I have them ranked well ahead of their current ADP. One player is currently ranked in the tenth round by ADP. My projections have him performing as a 5th rounder in a 12 team ppr league. I drafted him in the 7th, so sort of in the middle.

So, that was a long-winded way of saying I use my own projections and not ADP. In my experiences, ADP is usually only accurate for the first couple rounds of any draft. When the wide receiver or tight end run begins, throw ADP out the window.