Sign in to follow this  
slash

How do you rank your players for the draft?

What do you guys use to rank your players for your draft cheatsheet. ADP or Projections? or a hybrid of both?

Personally, I think the best thing is to have a tiered list of rankings with an ADP listed next to each player.

You have to use both. If I have Larry Johnson projected to be one of the top 10 RBs, that doesn't mean I have to draft him in the second though that's where my projections would put him. If ADP has him being taken in the 14th, THAT lets me know I may want to look at him a few rounds prior or someone else will.

FWIW, I don't have LJ anywhere near there (probably upper 60s), just the first name that popped into my head.

You have to use both. If I have Larry Johnson projected to be one of the top 10 RBs, that doesn't mean I have to draft him in the second though that's where my projections would put him. If ADP has him being taken in the 14th, THAT lets me know I may want to look at him a few rounds prior or someone else will.

FWIW, I don't have LJ anywhere near there (probably upper 60s), just the first name that popped into my head.

Agreed. Just because you like a guy a lot and have him high on your board, it doesn't mean you have to reach 2/3 rounds for him. That's bad business.

I completely agree. This year the fields feels very open. There are many players that can make or brake you but they seem to be harder to pinpoint this year with all the changes over the offseason. I thought about doing an avg of the projected rankings with the players ADP to get the best sense of when it would be best to draft him. do you guys think thats a good or bad idea?

1st i do projections based off a couple of my favorite websites, avg them out & tweak them.

2nd i see how last years draft went for the 1st 100 picks. (my league seems to draft alot of rb 44 last year in the top 100)

3rd you put the chocolate on the mallow and then stuff...wait wrong steps

3rd i use a vbd formula for top 200 excluding k and def and plug that into excel and let it show me the value of each player for that league

then i will compare adp to players value to see good bargains etc...