Sign in to follow this  
EAwer

Turner at 2.03? WTF

Antsports PPR league where you start 1-2 RBs and 3-4 WRs/TEs. I had 1.10 and went with SJax. Back to me at 2.03 and some big names on board, considering how many WRs have went so far. Alebeit, i am on deck, but Turner, Brees, Austin, DWill, and Shmendenhall are who I am considering. Note: one of these (probably) will not be available. Who do you take and why?

If you would have taken Turner instead of Sjax you wouldn't have this problem. :nono:

Just kidding. Turner would be a no brainer for me at this point althou I'd rather have Turner and Brees to start my Team out with.

If you would have taken Turner instead of Sjax you wouldn't have this problem. :nono:

Just kidding. Turner would be a no brainer for me at this point althou I'd rather have Turner and Brees to start my Team out with.

Ya, I would have took Turner in a heartbeat over Jackson....And probably Brees over both of those. I think you messed up. :)

Antsports is going BIG time WR early that's the reason for the fall of RB's. Very common. I tend to agree with it.

You only have to start 1 RB so that can be easily found later.

The problem you face now is if you go Turner or Brees you will have VERY LITTLE left at WR and will have missed out on all the top ones.

Not sure what I'd do now. Not have Jackson on my team is 1 thing though.

why the hate for sjax?

Austin got picked ahead of me.

Thoughts on Mendy? Listening to NFL radio last week they had a Steeler homer call in and they were talking about the improved OLine, especially in run blocking with Adams at RT. Just dont like turner that much, since even if he as 100 yrs and a TD, that is only 16 pts, whereas A guy like Mendy can get 80yrd rush, 4 catches 40 yrds, and a td for 20 points...

why the hate for sjax?

Thoughts on Mendy? Listening to NFL radio last week they had a Steeler homer call in and they were talking about the improved OLine, especially in run blocking with Adams at RT. Just dont like turner that much, since even if he as 100 yrs and a TD, that is only 16 pts, whereas A guy like Mendy can get 80yrd rush, 4 catches 40 yrds, and a td for 20 points...

I hate Mendy worse then Jax. :D He's a 4th round pick for me.

I guess we will differ on talent evaluation i can see now.

I think there are plenty of reasons out there why someone would not like Jackson. I'll just say this: (4 or I'll even give you 7 is not enough TD's for my #1 pick)

Awfull team and he has no more upside. I could go on and on.

Go Brees or WR or Turner

I like SJax over Michael Turner in a PPR league. I just think there's a pretty HUGE difference in the 50+ catches SJax will get versus the 10-15 catches Turner will get. Yes Turner should score more, but predicted touchdowns isn't easy. SJax should get more than the 4 he had last year. I won't go on about this anymore because I know many people don't share my opinion of the downgrade to Michael Turner in PPR leagues.

I would definitely want to grab a WR at 2.03. In a PPR league where you start 3-4 WR's, but only have to start 1 RB (2 max), WR have A LOT more value. I'd be looking at Miles Austin, Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, etc. You can ONLY start 2 RB's, so grabbing another one here pretty much forces you to take WR's with your next several picks. I'd prefer to give myself the option to grab any RB value that falls, such as Jamaal Charles, Pierre Thomas, Lesean McCoy, Ryan Mathews, Matt Forte, etc. Their are plenty of solid PPR RB's that can be had as good value in the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th rounds.

I like SJax over Michael Turner in a PPR league. I just think there's a pretty HUGE difference in the 50+ catches SJax will get versus the 10-15 catches Turner will get. Yes Turner should score more, but predicted touchdowns isn't easy. SJax should get more than the 4 he had last year. I won't go on about this anymore because I know many people don't share my opinion of the downgrade to Michael Turner in PPR leagues.

I would definitely want to grab a WR at 2.03. In a PPR league where you start 3-4 WR's, but only have to start 1 RB (2 max), WR have A LOT more value. I'd be looking at Miles Austin, Brandon Marshall, Roddy White, etc. You can ONLY start 2 RB's, so grabbing another one here pretty much forces you to take WR's with your next several picks. I'd prefer to give myself the option to grab any RB value that falls, such as Jamaal Charles, Pierre Thomas, Lesean McCoy, Ryan Mathews, Matt Forte, etc. Their are plenty of solid PPR RB's that can be had as good value in the 3rd, 4th, or even 5th rounds.

I agree with your WR evaluation... But he probably didn't feel "safe" with Jackson. This is the big point. He needed Turner so he could feel safe at RB. Had he reversed it and took Turner first then I bet he would have been more at ease to have drafted that WR or Brees.

I also see Turner's low side TD's at 12.. He could be in the 16 range. And Turner has surprisingly had a number of catches this preseason. I think the original poster will be happy with Turner. There's no guarantee Jackson will get 50-60 catches either. They are starting to come down and he's always hurt. No upside to him. There best WR is done. I could go on and on. ;)

I hate Mendy worse then Jax. :D He's a 4th round pick for me.

I guess we will differ on talent evaluation i can see now.

I think there are plenty of reasons out there why someone would not like Jackson. I'll just say this: (4 or I'll even give you 7 is not enough TD's for my #1 pick)

Awfull team and he has no more upside. I could go on and on.

Go Brees or WR or Turner

Agree to disagree on SJax. The value of his catches in PPR leagues can't be ignored. In what many people considered a bad year for Steven Jackson last season, he still put up at combined 1,738 yards, had 51 catches, and scored only 4 TD's. That's 248 points in a PPR league. That's a down year for him, at least TD wise. Especially after watching last night, it seems Sam Bradford should be at least a little more competent running the offense than any QB they had last year.

I do down grade Turner in PPR leagues though by the way.... I agree with that. Top WR's can leap frog him.

But, I just don't down grade him that much. Not below Jackson or any of the other time share RB's.

Not to many backs have a shot at 16 TD's like Turner has

Agree to disagree on SJax. The value of his catches in PPR leagues can't be ignored. In what many people considered a bad year for Steven Jackson last season, he still put up at combined 1,738 yards, had 51 catches, and scored only 4 TD's. That's 248 points in a PPR league. That's a down year for him, at least TD wise. Especially after watching last night, it seems Sam Bradford should be at least a little more competent running the offense than any QB they had last year.

We'll see.... I actually think Jackson had a great year for what I thought he'd do. :) It could get worse. I don't see the TD's changing that much.

And he stayed pretty healthy and didn't miss to many games I don't believe?

He might be an ok producer. But for me, for my first round pick, I'll go else where. I'll look for a Stud.

I'd rather gamble with Matthews over Jackson.

I was going to take Austin, but obviously that wasnt an option. Just couldnt let the value of Turner dwindle much further...Dont like Marshall or Jennings that much and White went at the turn.

He might be an ok producer. But for me, for my first round pick, I'll go else where. I'll look for a Stud.

I'd rather gamble with Matthews over Jackson.

I think that is a wrong gamble. Mathews has never even completed a full college season. No guarantees he can hold up for a full NFL season. Even if Mathews is consistent he will not get as many touches as SJAx. SJax is still the #1 WR in that team. Also to assume that Sproles won't get at least 40% of the touches is ridiculous. Mathews has not pass-blocked so Sproles will be the 3rd down back and will spell Mathews ever 2 series. I'm not big on SJax either because of injuries and lack of TDs, but to place MAthews ahead of him is ridiculous.

why the hate for sjax?

I am a Steeler homer and would rather have either Turner or Jackson over Mendenhall. Turner's potential on TD's is the highest in the league, and Jackson is flat out a PPR stud even though he doesn't catch as many passes as he used to. Since it's PPR league, if I were in your shoes, I'd probably have taken Turner and Jackson and circled back for WR's with high catch counts the next couple of rounds

Steve Smith (NYG) DeSean Jackson Marques Colston Calvin Johnson Greg Jennings Anquan Boldin Steve Smith (CAR) Wes Welker Dwayne Bowe

Those guys all went around the 4th/5th rounds in my 10 teamer and at least a couple of them should be available around where your late 3rd/early 4th round picks fall.

I am a Steeler homer and would rather have either Turner or Jackson over Mendenhall. Turner's potential on TD's is the highest in the league, and Jackson is flat out a PPR stud even though he doesn't catch as many passes as he used to. Since it's PPR league, if I were in your shoes, I'd probably have taken Turner and Jackson and circled back for WR's with high catch counts the next couple of rounds

Steve Smith (NYG) DeSean Jackson Marques Colston Calvin Johnson Greg Jennings Anquan Boldin Steve Smith (CAR) Wes Welker Dwayne Bowe

Those guys all went around the 4th/5th rounds in my 10 teamer and at least a couple of them should be available around where your late 3rd/early 4th round picks fall.

Yes, i took both sjax and the burner. I am 4 picks away and am looking at getting one of the steve smiths (both stil avail) then either v-diddy or someone (dont need a TE but he could have huge year). Maybe Ward, Crabtree, or Bowe. So my team will be Sjax and Turner with two of the following: Steve Smith, Steve Smith, Vernon Davis, Crabtree, Bowe, Ward, Jeremichael Finley.