Sign in to follow this  
tooshea

Back up QB's

Which starting QB will be replaced 1st. because of lack of performance ( not injury )

Alex Smith heads my list

Why? Smith did pretty well last year when he became the starter.

Not counting the whole Leinart/Anderson situation, I'd say Delhomme.

Why? Smith did pretty well last year when he became the starter.

Not counting the whole Leinart/Anderson situation, I'd say Delhomme.

I'm saying Smith because of past history and comments from the coach

Being a homer and hearing rumors I just get a strong gut feeling that if he doesn't produce with all the weapons he now has he will be yanked quick.

I'm saying Smith because of past history and comments from the coach

Being a homer and hearing rumors I just get a strong gut feeling that if he doesn't produce with all the weapons he now has he will be yanked quick.

And who's gonna replace him?

I'd say Leinart for sure. After that, probably a crappy team that needs to see what the "new" QB can do. That could be St. Louis if Bradford doesn't start right away or Cleveland, Carolina etc.

And who's gonna replace him?

I'd say Leinart for sure. After that, probably a crappy team that needs to see what the "new" QB can do. That could be St. Louis if Bradford doesn't start right away or Cleveland, Carolina etc.

I agree with St Louis and kind of surprised that they are starting him in the 1st. place.

I know the whole " they don't pay that kind of $$ for their 1st round pick to sit on the bench " argument but geez they missing so many more pieces of the puzzle than just the QB. I would think that this is the perfect situation for a rook to sit and learn before being thrown to the wolves.

Edit to add *** Cleveland Browns QB Jake Delhomme has completed 79.2 percent of his passes with two touchdown passes and zero interceptions in three preseason games, according to CBSSports.com.

Leinart is so bad Anderson might take over as starter before the season. No one has a hotter seat right now than Fun Times Matty.

Delomme's an easy target because of past play, but Holmgren won't rush the rook or insert Wallace on a whim.

If Bradford starts the season opener, it will take an injury for them to go with Feeley just because they don't want to screw with the kid's confidence.

I'd say Lienart or Hasselbeck are candidates for replacement. SEA didn't give up those picks for the 2nd string SD QB for no reason.

I agree with St Louis and kind of surprised that they are starting him in the 1st. place.

I know the whole " they don't pay that kind of $$ for their 1st round pick to sit on the bench " argument but geez they missing so many more pieces of the puzzle than just the QB. I would think that this is the perfect situation for a rook to sit and learn before being thrown to the wolves.

Edit to add *** Cleveland Browns QB Jake Delhomme has completed 79.2 percent of his passes with two touchdown passes and zero interceptions in three preseason games, according to CBSSports.com.

They originally wanted Feeley to start but he got injured in the preseason and Bradford played well vs NE. If the OL struggles then Feeley will get the nod if he is OK.

If Delhomme struggles I can see Seneca Wallace playing...it won't be McCoy.