Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

What would you give up for a top 10 RB?

now this is a legitimate desire, but i think your offer was counterproductive. were i in his shoes, and you dropped me an informal email saying "hey, i have jackson, lemme know if you want to deal", then i'd be far, far more likely to come to you with an offer. this would have...

1. implied that you have the leverage in the deal--you have what he wants, not the other way around.

2. forced him to come to you with the offer, which gives you a much better position from which to negotiate.

3. set you up as a friendly helper-type guy (without trying too hard), rather than a big meanie who was trying to "steal" one of his guys for a pittance. a lowball offer can make a guy want to say no, and you never want to increase that chance.

good luck in further deals.

Points taken. I appreciate the constructive criticism. Please see my other post "Fair Trade?"

You did pretty good for the first 4 rounds. But I don't feel comfortable with F. Jones as my 2nd RB. He is my 4th RB in a 12 team PPR league. (Behind MJD, J Stewart, Reggie Bush). I was not joking, try to package your WR and TE for a RB deal. You are in serious trobule if Charles does not work out.

Who do you think I took in the 5th round? And the 6th? Ray Rice was not available (got him in the 7th last year). Why do you think they were bad picks? Did you review my leagues scoring system? I'll give you a hint. One of those picks was MSW.

and for anyone else, look at the roster in his sig and post what it would take for you to give up turner.

If I had Turner and I was being offered Ginn or MSW, I'd be insulted. Colston wouldn't insult me, but I'd still turn it down

Throw Moss in the discussion, and I'm listening, especially if I'm a little lackluster at WR.

And if he trades away Moss, he still has Colston and MSW to start at WR. I think that's decent, considering the gigantic upgrade he'll have at RB.

Who do you think I took in the 5th round? And the 6th? Ray Rice was not available (got him in the 7th last year). Why do you think they were bad picks? Did you review my leagues scoring system? I'll give you a hint. One of those picks was MSW.

I never said you made bad picks after the 4th round. But I think you did overdoing the VBD. Instead of drafting based on your position need in the middle rounds, you sticked 100% based on ADP throught out the draft. Clearly, your team has no depth at RB. Other owners in your league can see that, which make trading even harder. Good luck.

I never said you made bad picks after the 4th round. But I think you did overdoing the VBD. Instead of drafting based on your position need, you drafted 100% based on ADP. Clearly, your team has no depth at RB. Other owners in your league can see that, which make trading even harder. Good luck.

See, I think you are wrong. Every year it's the RBs I STEAL in the mid rounds (6-10) that make my team. Last year it was Ahmad Bradshaw, Ray Rice and Ricky Williams. And people were laughing at me, "YOU DRAFTED RICKY WILLIAMS!? Like THE Ricky Williams?" Yeah. Steal in the 10th round.

Let's break it down by team:

KC - Jamal Charles, Jones, McCluster (I don't normally try and corner a market like that, it just happened)

Dallas - Felix Jones (should be the #1 RB in that offense)

San Diego - Sproles (He's had some HUGE games, particularly when you add in kick returns. Now that LT is gone, he could have a career year)

Buffalo - Jackson (He could be the starter, if Spiller can't make it as a pro this year)

Depth I have .... it's superstars I'm missing. Last year, I had the 9th pick, Chris Johnson was there, Drew Brees was there in the 2nd ... but I struggled at WR all year long (Housh in the 3rd). Most points, finished 3rd.

I've never had Randy Moss on my team. Hoping it's gonna be like driving a Ferrari.

Thing is, though, you don't have depth. If Charles can pull it off again, he could be a viable RB1 for you, but even though Felix *should* be the top RB for Dallas, he's still more of a flex play with upside in fantasy. Jones isn't real depth, he's only a handcuff, you won't play him and Charles at the same time. As for McCluster, I drafted him in both my leagues with my last pick, but he's listed as a WR. He might get you the "all over" points you seem to covet, but you might need to plug him in a WR slot, and even at that I'm not sure how viable he is, even with return yards/scores. I don't see Sproles' situation as having changed all that much. Mathews is really stepping up, even as a rookie, and I hear that Tolbert is working hard on the short-yardage/goal line stuff. Again, he probably gets a boost in the return game, but how consistent is that? Jackson, well, I see him as another flex play if Spiller hangs around all season. Obviously you will view your team differently, you drafted the players, but I think this is probably how a lot of people are looking at your roster - a potentially explosive RB1, an RB2 in heavy timeshare with another solid back in an offense that likes to pass, a few guys with upside if the guy in front of them has an injury, and a scat player on a bad team (yes, even though I'm a Chiefs fan) that may not garner enough attention to be a consistent play.

Look, all of us can see why you want Turner, why you need Turner, all we're saying is you need to give up something more than "depth" to get him. It's one thing to try and set the table for a future trade, but you also risk having the other guy not take you seriously when you really want to pull the trigger.

Thing is, though, you don't have depth. If Charles can pull it off again, he could be a viable RB1 for you, but even though Felix *should* be the top RB for Dallas, he's still more of a flex play with upside in fantasy. Jones isn't real depth, he's only a handcuff, you won't play him and Charles at the same time. As for McCluster, I drafted him in both my leagues with my last pick, but he's listed as a WR. He might get you the "all over" points you seem to covet, but you might need to plug him in a WR slot, and even at that I'm not sure how viable he is, even with return yards/scores. I don't see Sproles' situation as having changed all that much. Mathews is really stepping up, even as a rookie, and I hear that Tolbert is working hard on the short-yardage/goal line stuff. Again, he probably gets a boost in the return game, but how consistent is that? Jackson, well, I see him as another flex play if Spiller hangs around all season. Obviously you will view your team differently, you drafted the players, but I think this is probably how a lot of people are looking at your roster - a potentially explosive RB1, an RB2 in heavy timeshare with another solid back in an offense that likes to pass, a few guys with upside if the guy in front of them has an injury, and a scat player on a bad team (yes, even though I'm a Chiefs fan) that may not garner enough attention to be a consistent play.

Look, all of us can see why you want Turner, why you need Turner, all we're saying is you need to give up something more than "depth" to get him. It's one thing to try and set the table for a future trade, but you also risk having the other guy not take you seriously when you really want to pull the trigger.

What I need, is ONE of the highly touted rookies to fail. I didn't say get hurt, I said fail. I have Sproles and Fred Jackson. I can live with Felix right now, those guys ... are poised to battle him for that RB #2 spot.

Yeah, if Charles sucks ... AND Thomas Jones sucks .... AND Dexter McCluster sucks ... , or even worse they just share in the suckiness ... it's gonna be hard. I need #1 RB production out of them to compete.

And believe me, I play a lot of live poker, I understand what "table image" is .... it's a perceived personality. Anyway ...

All the guy knows, that I offered the trade to .... is that I am open to trade ideas.

That's all I want him to know. Right now.

In answer to "what I would give for a top 10 rb" - I traded Beanie Wells and Michael Crabtree for Frank Gore to an owner really hurting for wrs. I originally offered Moreno and Crabtree.

And believe me, I play a lot of live poker, I understand what "table image" is .... it's a perceived personality. Anyway ...

All the guy knows, that I offered the trade to .... is that I am open to trade ideas.

That's all I want him to know. Right now.

Well, you said that you thought Jackson and MSW was too much, which is dumb. Jackson is at his low point now, everyone is gaga over Spiller. In a few weeks, if Jackson comes back and re-establishes himself in a primary role, you might get his interest. But even if Jackson becomes the man and Spiller doesn't play, he still isn't worth Turner. At that point, if MSW hasn't hurt his bagina and is putting up decent numbers, and he is thin at WR and has good RB depth, you might get him to consider the Jackson/MSW trade.

Heck, somebody in this league must be stacked at RB, because you sure aren't. :dunno: