Sign in to follow this  
emerlin

Excel 2010 - Compiler won't print in color!#%$#

Hi - I must be a moron....

I am using excel 2010 with the compiler and have everything tweaked for my draft. When I hit print - to my color laser, it brings up a b/w preview and prints b/w (imagine that). I have checked all the page and printer properties and cannot figure this out.

Any ideas?

No color ink installed? It has to be a printer setting I would say. Funny it would default to b/w, which is why I suggested the printer is perhaps detecting no color ink. Once you go to Print and it brings up the Print box, there is usually a "Properties" or "Advanced" button where you can go in and change the color settings. Sounds like you've been there though, but look for that if you haven't.

No color ink installed? It has to be a printer setting I would say. Funny it would default to b/w, which is why I suggested the printer is perhaps detecting no color ink. Once you go to Print and it brings up the Print box, there is usually a "Properties" or "Advanced" button where you can go in and change the color settings. Sounds like you've been there though, but look for that if you haven't.

It is my work color laser :-) so it is good to go I use it almost daily for real work stuff. The think I don't get is that when hit the preview button or print button it shows the dock in B&W.... Other color sheets show up color. It must be an excel thing but I can't see where...

Ha. No problem. I was coming back to post I did a Google search but didn't find any known issue along these lines. Glad you got it figured out. Good luck in your draft!