Sign in to follow this  
Lake209

Need to start 1 WR

Must start 1 of these 3: J.Knox, Sims-Walker, or M. Floyd.

I have Floyd in now. However, this site has both Knox and Sims-Walker rated much higher for the W1 starts. Can't stomach starting Sims-Walker againts Denver/Champ Bailey. Someone tell me who to choose from b/n Knox (vs. Detroit...in a Martz offense) or Floyd (vs. KC...w/Rivers at QB).

Will answer yours. Tx.

I'm drinking the Knox koolaid for now. We know that he's going to be getting most of the targets in that offense. I like Malcom Floyd to have a wildly productive year, but I just couldn't start him with confidence until I see how that receiving situation shapes up on the field first. I agree with you on Sims-Walker. He was up-and-down last year. Game 1 vs a still respectable secondary isn't something I'd take a chance on with the other two receivers in the equation.

Thanks for the help in mine. :cheers:

I like Floyd vs KC. I think he gets a lot of targets, at least early on. If V Jackson is traded then I think he has a very good year. Knox is cool this week but I like Floyd better. I'm also looking at the QB. I like Rivers a lot more that Cutler.

I would go with Floyd for a few reasons. Rivers has been targeting his just as much as he did Jackson last year and even though Gates is there to get a lot of the catches, SD slings the ball around quite a bit. I don't think that KC's corners are very good. With that said, I agree that I wouldn't want to play Sims-Walker against Denver but disgree with some of the other guys who like Knox. I really don't think the guy is going to be great. There's nothing I can say to back that statement up, so take it for what it's worth. I just get the feeling that none of the WRs the Bears have are going to scare anyone, no matter if Cutler is throwing it to them or not.

I think Floyd is the way to go....just my 2 cents. Good luck!

I'd go with Floyd simply because there are fewer questions. I think he will have the safer day, even though Knox has more upside for a long TD. If you need safe production bet on Rivers and Floyd. If you need a longshot TD for a win go with Knox.

Agree with you on Sims-Walker for week 1 - i wouldn't start him. I actually think Knox & Floyd are a toss up. I agree that FLoyd is prob the safer play, but I worry about SD shutting down the passing game in the second half. If you think it works with your matchup, I would consider Knox vs. Det for the upside. Chicago at home but I have a feeling based on lackluster pre-season and talking to a few Bears fans, that they won't run away from Det so will need to keep throwing the ball.

Ugh...two for Knox...two for Floyd. Typical W1 dilemma...where's my Morgan silver-dollar??...time to flip it.

I have to go with Floyd. he's been big against KC in the past, and that's with VJ there. Thanks for mine.

I'm another for Knox. Equal playing time in the first half by both. But my edge comes in the 2nd half when one team is killing the clock and the other is still throwing to win. Good luck!