Sign in to follow this  
celloshane

Options on the wire

So I was getting caught up on the news (slow day at work) and checking out my league's WW and noticed some options out there.

My Team:

QB - Kevin Kolb, Derek Anderson

WR - Greg Jennings, Roddy White, Steven Breaston, Bernard Berrian, Johnny Knox

RB - Ray Rice, Jonathon Stewart, Justin Forsett, Laurence Maroney, Correll Buckhalter

K - Robbie Gould, Def - NYG, IDP - James Laurenitis

My 14 team league starts QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, WR/TE, K, Def, 1 IDP - standard scoring

Now I was way too late to grab Brandon Jackson or Micheal Vick, but I did notice some guys that could be nice adds.

WRs - Devery Henderson, Mario Manningham, Jabar Gaffney, Mike Thomas (Jac), Jason Avant, Mike Williams (Sea), Danny Amendola, Dexter McCluster

and some names I don't recognize but see decent stats for - Jordan Shipley Cin, Micheal Spurlock TB, Brandon Tate NE, Steve Johnson Buf

RBs - Fred Taylor, Kevin Faulk, Peyton Hillis, Javon Ringer, Stephens-Howling, Bernard Scott

Some low end TE's that I normally wouldn't consider, but apparently looked good on Sunday - Evan Moore, Todd Heap, Anthony Fasano, Tony Scheffler

QB is picked too clean to bother,

I try not to focus on kickers because they can high one week and low the next, but - Jeff Reed, John Kasay, Matt Bryant, and Jay Feely are available

Def I'm not overly concerned about, and because we start only 1 IDP that's best left for another thread.

I figure since the trade Maroney and Buckhalter are fighting for that #2 spot. I consider both backs roughly equal, so I'm not sure if either will get enough work behind Moreno to be worthwhile. I was thinking of dropping both backs for Taylor and... Hillis? Henderson? Faulk?

These are likely to be bench riders, but what's my best move here?

So I was getting caught up on the news (slow day at work) and checking out my league's WW and noticed some options out there.

My Team:

QB - Kevin Kolb, Derek Anderson

WR - Greg Jennings, Roddy White, Steven Breaston, Bernard Berrian, Johnny Knox

RB - Ray Rice, Jonathon Stewart, Justin Forsett, Laurence Maroney, Correll Buckhalter

K - Robbie Gould, Def - NYG, IDP - James Laurenitis

My 14 team league starts QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, WR/TE, K, Def, 1 IDP - standard scoring

Now I was way too late to grab Brandon Jackson or Micheal Vick, but I did notice some guys that could be nice adds.

WRs - Devery Henderson, Mario Manningham, Jabar Gaffney, Mike Thomas (Jac), Jason Avant, Mike Williams (Sea), Danny Amendola, Dexter McCluster

and some names I don't recognize but see decent stats for - Jordan Shipley Cin, Micheal Spurlock TB, Brandon Tate NE, Steve Johnson Buf

RBs - Fred Taylor, Kevin Faulk, Peyton Hillis, Javon Ringer, Stephens-Howling, Bernard Scott

Some low end TE's that I normally wouldn't consider, but apparently looked good on Sunday - Evan Moore, Todd Heap, Anthony Fasano, Tony Scheffler

QB is picked too clean to bother,

I try not to focus on kickers because they can high one week and low the next, but - Jeff Reed, John Kasay, Matt Bryant, and Jay Feely are available

Def I'm not overly concerned about, and because we start only 1 IDP that's best left for another thread.

I figure since the trade Maroney and Buckhalter are fighting for that #2 spot. I consider both backs roughly equal, so I'm not sure if either will get enough work behind Moreno to be worthwhile. I was thinking of dropping both backs for Taylor and... Hillis? Henderson? Faulk?

These are likely to be bench riders, but what's my best move here?

Am I the only one that doesn't like Hillis? I dunno, I guess it's just 'cause he's white and I'm not able to wrap my head around a good white RB. (Don't worry, I'm a cracker too). Anyway, I like Henterson and Gaffney at WR and McCluster if you get return yards. Also like Taylor now that he is likely to get the lion's share in NE but, then again, it's NE's backfield so beware. I would be comfortable dropping both of those RBs you're talking about as well and Berrian...just don't think he's going to amount to much this season. As for who to take, I like Gaffney and, like I said, McCluster if you get return points. Also like Fred Taylor but, like I said, it's NE.

Please see mine. http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=370356#entry4305290