My team

QB: Brady

RB: D Williams, S Greene

WR: Calvin Johnson, W Welker

TE: J Finley

Flex: C Williams

Bench: B Scott, D Brown, J Ringer, Both Mike Williams

Trade offer. Brady for Foster and Ryan.

As a Pats fan it kills me to deal Brady as I think he's a top 5 QB this year. But on the other hand I think Ryan is a top 10. He had a very tough matchup last week vs Pitt and still managed 250 yds. With Jenkins coming back he has.the weapons and talent.

Foster is a top 10 RB and is a sure upgrade over Caddy and gives me tremendous depth and flexibility to cover for bye weeks and tough matchups or if someone gets injured. In a 14 teamer depth is clutch as injuries could leave u w playing a backup

In a vacuum. Is this a good deal? Does it change giving my situation? I.still would have Welker to benefit from Bradys eliteness.

I'm not real comfortable having Greene and Caddy as my #2 and 3

What a conundrum. Leave a link I will help w yours.

Thank you

That is a tough one, even with Me not being a Pats fan! If I had to go one way without being biased I would say go for it! If I were a Pats fan I would probably have a tough time doing it and might not. Hope that helps, please answer mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=370516

14 team H2H w 6 pt TDs for all

Start QB, 2 WR , 2 RB, TE, Flex, K, D. Standard scoring

My team

QB: Brady

RB: D Williams, S Greene

WR: Calvin Johnson, W Welker

TE: J Finley

Flex: C Williams

Bench: B Scott, D Brown, J Ringer, Both Mike Williams

Trade offer. Brady for Foster and Ryan.

As a Pats fan it kills me to deal Brady as I think he's a top 5 QB this year. But on the other hand I think Ryan is a top 10. He had a very tough matchup last week vs Pitt and still managed 250 yds. With Jenkins coming back he has.the weapons and talent.

Foster is a top 10 RB and is a sure upgrade over Caddy and gives me tremendous depth and flexibility to cover for bye weeks and tough matchups or if someone gets injured. In a 14 teamer depth is clutch as injuries could leave u w playing a backup

In a vacuum. Is this a good deal? Does it change giving my situation? I.still would have Welker to benefit from Bradys eliteness.

I'm not real comfortable having Greene and Caddy as my #2 and 3

What a conundrum. Leave a link I will help w yours.

Thank you

It's not a conundrum at all. It's a fantastic deal for you.

In a 14 team league Ryan is an adequate starting QB, and the advantage you would have at RB would be incredibly steep in that large of a league. By the way, I don't see Caddy listed anywhere in your roster, but I'll take your word that you have him. Maybe it's C. Williams instead of D. Williams? I dunno, but D. Williams and Foster would be pretty stout in a 14 teamer. The other owner is banking on Foster being a one-week wonder and trying to sell him high, but he's gonna find out that he was wrong--and you're gonna be scoring high all year long.

DO IT!!!

Your is weak(est) at RB. You have top 5 weapons at QB and TE. You appear well above average at WR.

You won't like losing Brady's stats. You'll lose points most weeks in the drop-off between him & Ryan. You may gain some of those points back w/Foster (starting over Green), but it won't happen every week. You will NOT come out ahead, on average, in week-to-week points. At best, you may break even.

But that is what trades are all about. Can you justify this one where you (at least) may break even in the point-differential between players? I think what you GAIN here is stability. You've already justified that for yourself...and you are correct. If you do this deal - it may not be a point-getter for you - but it will be damn good insurance against (sometimes inevitable) injury. And you will be better able to weather an injury storm and stay consistent, point-wise, from week to week.

Of course, you'll probably kill youself if Tomlinson breaks his leg...b/c (only then)Green will become a stud. Ultimately, this is a question of stable vs. sexy. You are a dead-sexy beast right now, minus 1 good RB. Personally, I'd make the trade for stability...but this is a very tough call.

Mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=370507

You'll lose points most weeks in the drop-off between him & Ryan. You may gain some of those points back w/Foster (starting over Green), but it won't happen every week. You will NOT come out ahead, on average, in week-to-week points. At best, you may break even.

You're crazy, unless Brady consistently scores 15 points more than Ryan. Greene's fumbles and Tomlinson's performance has almost made Greene a non-factor in the Jets' offense, and Foster is EASILY a top 5 RB. This is a HUGE upgrade at RB, and considering that, a completely acceptable dropoff at QB.

You're crazy, unless Brady consistently scores 15 points more than Ryan. Greene's fumbles and Tomlinson's performance has almost made Greene a non-factor in the Jets' offense, and Foster is EASILY a top 5 RB. This is a HUGE upgrade at RB, and considering that, a completely acceptable dropoff at QB.

I don't disagree with you're conclusion but I think you might be overplaying LT in NY. I'm not ready to write off Greene yet, then again, I don't own him in any of my leagues because I think he was way too expensive...

Even though I think Brady is in line for another big season, I think you are better off making the trade.

It all comes down to what Axe Elf says. You have to figure Ryan will be a top 10 Qb and on average will prob score between 15-20 points a week in a standard system. Brady would have to consistently get you 30-35+ points a week, and I'm not saying he can't do it but it's alot to bank on. Throw in Foster who will be a stud all year and I like the trade. You will still get the td's from Welker it just wont be double dipping. In a 14 team league starting Ryan, Foster, DWill, Greene, CJ and Welker you would be in great shape for the playoff's

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=370524

Ok, the deal is on the table (I had to send it). I talked to the owner last night and he was waiverin....people are just so sticky fingered with Foster right now it's ridICULOUS.

I mean...frickin Tom Brady for Arian Foster... and he's balkin? It's truly absurd. Oh well..if he doesnt take it then i have Brady on my team...i can live with that..lol

THanks for the insightful help everyone. Much better than over at FantasyCafe..