Sign in to follow this  
plasma george

Another Veto a trade post

Well it's your league so if that's tolerated it's not a problem. I can only tell you that I've never played in a money league that would allow that kind of trade to happen. You are the commissioner and everyone puts money in... That does carry some responsibility. It's just not ethical to allow the competitive balance to be skewed like that.

Well it's your league so if that's tolerated it's not a problem. I can only tell you that I've never played in a money league that would allow that kind of trade to happen. You are the commissioner and everyone puts money in... That does carry some responsibility. It's just not ethical to allow the competitive balance to be skewed like that.

YES, that's why I'm still typing here abut this. I'm Commissioner cause I have trustworthiness with these guys, and I value all our opinions.

YES, this trade will work out for me, (I had poor backups after Grant) and it could also work out for the other owner. I'm not sure how to see it any other way, he's taking a risk, but as a seasoned FF veteran I don't see how our league can stop him. SJAX is 18th overall now with 0 TDS, this owner knows this, regardless of where he was drafted.

SJAX is 18th overall now with 0 TDS, this owner knows this, regardless of where he was drafted.

How's VJax doing so far this year?

YES, that's why I'm still typing here abut this. I'm Commissioner cause I have trustworthiness with these guys, and I value all our opinions.

YES, this trade will work out for me, (I had poor backups after Grant) and it could also work out for the other owner. I'm not sure how to see it any other way, he's taking a risk, but as a seasoned FF veteran I don't see how our league can stop him. SJAX is 18th overall now with 0 TDS, this owner knows this, regardless of where he was drafted.

If he's been in this same league for over a decade and has won the league then of course you have to let it stand.

It still doesn't mean you're not trade raping him. You are.

If he's been in this same league for over a decade and has won the league then of course you have to let it stand.

It still doesn't mean you're not trade raping him. You are.

How could it be rape if he was a willing partner ?

He proposed SJAX, I assumed he thought lesser of Benson, apparently he thinks lesser of SJAX.

Does he have ultimate say for his dealings ? Or is there some higher council that's supposed to tell him he's not allowed to think his way, and he's being stopped by the league official trade panel ?

Would it be rape if he agreed to Benson ?

How about DWIII ?

How could it be rape if he was a willing partner ? Was he drunk? As I learned in college, a drunk yes is really a no

Would it be rape if he agreed to Benson ? Yes

How about DWIII ? Yes

^

You're a doosh for attempting to trade a guy who's not even playing, he's a complete asstard for accepting it and giving up Steven Jackson. It may be a long standing league, but apparently there are only two guys (the ones who b1tched) who have any sense.

Someone should knock on your and the other guy's door and punch both of you in the face in front of your families.

I'm commissioner in one of my money leagues and the guy I'm playing this week traded VJax for DJax. The guy getting VJax was really pumped about his potential if he goes to the Viqueens but did confide in me he should have offered a little less with this first offer. Both are buddies and I know there is no collusion so I have to let the boys play, even though it looks like it will cost me a win, unless SF DEF scores 23 points :shocking:

You can't legislate bad trades and hopefully the new VJax owner has learned a valuable lesson about trade offers (of course not before I try to steal someone off his roster also)

I don't care if I'n one in 20 in the minority on this or what. I've probably played in 50 money leagues over the years, and been commissioner for quite a few.

For the 100th time: TRADES DO NOT HAVE TO BE FAIR. (However V Jax will almost certainly be starting somewhere in two weeks and he WAS a stud last year.) As treewarden said, "You can't legislate bad trades". Period.

He had his reasons for making the trade, you had yours. Yes the other league owners have a right to b1tch, but in the end, you must explain to them why this trade must go through. And not because you benefit from it. If they don't get it, then tough sh1t, you did what was right. Let them replace you as commissioner next year - and I'll bet they won't.

And for those who say that the trade "would never be allowed in my money league", I can respond that in at least 3 of my 4 money leagues, trades AUTOMATICALLY GO THROUGH unless there is a high likelihood of collusion in which case the commish would revoke the trade and kick both owners out on their azz (and the other one still has an owner veto rule, so I'm not sure if this trade would be vetoed but only one trade has ever been vetoed in my 6 years in it).

Where are all of the "trades should only be vetoed if there is collusion guys?

Having said that, YOU put youself in this position in the first place, so you deserve some of the b1tching from your league-mates here. But that does not mean you should veto this!

But learn from it - Everybody tries to get the best end of a trade but next time, as commish, think ahead of the potential consequences before you bend somebody over that badly.

I don't care if I'n one in 20 in the minority on this or what. I've probably played in 50 money leagues over the years, and been commissioner for quite a few.

For the 100th time: TRADES DO NOT HAVE TO BE FAIR. (However V Jax will almost certainly be starting somewhere in two weeks and he WAS a stud last year.) As treewarden said, "You can't legislate bad trades". Period.

He had his reasons for making the trade, you had yours. Yes the other league owners have a right to b1tch, but in the end, you must explain to them why this trade must go through. And not because you benefit from it. If they don't get it, then tough sh1t, you did what was right. Let them replace you as commissioner next year - and I'll bet they won't.

And for those who say that the trade "would never be allowed in my money league", I can respond that in at least 3 of my 4 money leagues, trades AUTOMATICALLY GO THROUGH unless there is a high likelihood of collusion in which case the commish would revoke the trade and kick both owners out on their azz (and the other one still has an owner veto rule, so I'm not sure if this trade would be vetoed but only one trade has ever been vetoed in my 6 years in it).

Having said that, YOU put youself in this position in the first place, so you deserve some of the b1tching from your league-mates here. But that does not mean you should veto this!

But learn from it - Everybody tries to get the best end of a trade but next time, as commish, think ahead of the potential consequences before you bend somebody over that badly.

Wrong...Sources say Vjax trade is unlikely before wednesday, which means he will most likely miss the season or atleast half of it

I'm commissioner in one of my money leagues and the guy I'm playing this week traded VJax for DJax. The guy getting VJax was really pumped about his potential if he goes to the Viqueens but did confide in me he should have offered a little less with this first offer. Both are buddies and I know there is no collusion so I have to let the boys play, even though it looks like it will cost me a win, unless SF DEF scores 23 points :shocking:

You can't legislate bad trades and hopefully the new VJax owner has learned a valuable lesson about trade offers (of course not before I try to steal someone off his roster also)

So are the "Veto Police", "Punch him in the Face", "Don't be Commissioner next year" in this thread learning a valuable lesson in FF101 here ?

Wrong...Sources say Vjax trade is unlikely before wednesday, which means he will most likely miss the season or atleast half of it

None of this matters now Mike, the trade was last Sat. Night, not today, not in 3 days.

I even said if the guy really wanted to do it then I guess you can't veto it. It's not really that "this trade would never be allowed in my league," it's that the trade never would've happened in my league.

I tried to read all these responses...but I got bored with the same back and forth stuff. So, IMO this trade is a bad one...but it should be allowed. You mentioned that the guy getting VJAX has won this league in the past. So, I guess he knows what he's doing and he is free to run his team how he wants.

I don't remember the NFL stepping in when Matt Millen was doing stuipd $hit like drafting WR's with #1 picks 3 out of 4 years? You can bet that some other teams benifited more than other from his dumb mistakes. How is this different?

I'm king of suprised that most of the responses are saying this trade should not be allowed. When close to 100% of the "veto-Trade? posts" come back with "Never Veto a Trade".

At the end of the day...just ask yourself if you'd honestly "approve" this trade if you were not involved? If that answer is "yes"...then you're good to go.

In my league we only vote on trades involving 1st year owners. All other trades are processed that are not obvious collusion.

I'm king of suprised that most of the responses are saying this trade should not be allowed. When close to 100% of the "veto-Trade? posts" come back with "Never Veto a Trade".

That is because most of have never seen a trade this horrible! The integrity of this league is shot. Just remember, he is the one who posted it to get all these opinions. If he was hoping to use this link to justify the actions or just make himself feel better, he was sadly mistaken. I still havent convinced myself that the trade actually happened? Did we all get hooked and reeled in? It is that bad. :dunno:

I tried to read all these responses...but I got bored with the same back and forth stuff. So, IMO this trade is a bad one...but it should be allowed. You mentioned that the guy getting VJAX has won this league in the past. So, I guess he knows what he's doing and he is free to run his team how he wants.

I don't remember the NFL stepping in when Matt Millen was doing stuipd $hit like drafting WR's with #1 picks 3 out of 4 years? You can bet that some other teams benifited more than other from his dumb mistakes. How is this different?

At the end of the day...just ask yourself if you'd honestly "approve" this trade if you were not involved? If that answer is "yes"...then you're good to go.

In my league we only vote on trades involving 1st year owners. All other trades are processed that are not obvious collusion.

If this were my league and this trade went down, I would just say piss off, see you later. Friends, enemies, Siamese twins? Who gives a sh!t. The bottom line is you traded a guy who is not even playing, for SJAX. That's a BS trade.

If I traded Ryan Grant for Frank Gore would that be acceptable too?

That is because most of have never seen a trade this horrible!

This. I never actually said to reverse the trade...I just said it should have never happened

And again, I say the collusion based veto rule is a load of horse poop. It may be the dumbest concept of all time... You can only veto something because of something that you will never be able to prove? Lame.

This trade should not be allowed because it is so freakin retarded. Maybe you guys enjoy raping your stupid buddies, but that just isn't fantasy.. to me at least.

Make all trades vetoable by the league members for any reason... and let democracy decide. If 10 other people feel that it would take away from their own fun, then that should be their right. You can make a case for any ridiculous trade.

PLEASE stop trying to justify this trade. Their is no justification, and you don't need to try to provide it. VJax isn't on a team yet. The funny part is that Steven Jackson has outscored both Cedric Benson and Deangelo Williams through 2 weeks. It's not like he's been bad. He will score some touchdowns and put up over 1600 total yards if he's healthy. He's a likely 200+ point fantasy scorer in standard leagues, and even better in PPR leagues.

BUT, whether it is a "fair" trade or not has no bearing on whether it should be vetoed or not. As KSB said, does your league rules allow for a league wide vote on trades? I don't like this rule, but if it's there, then the owners should vote. If your league rules, like most league rules, state that trades will only be vetoed if their is collusion, then the trade must go through. Well unless there was collusion. None of the owners in the league can argue with this if it is THE RULES.

Also as KSB said, this wouldn't stop me as another owner in the league, from berating the owner who traded SJax. But, he could manage his team as he sees fit. You never know what may happen in this game...

None of this matters now Mike, the trade was last Sat. Night, not today, not in 3 days.

Then why were you still defending the trade yesterday? Get real

And again, I say the collusion based veto rule is a load of horse poop. It may be the dumbest concept of all time... You can only veto something because of something that you will never be able to prove? Lame.

This trade should not be allowed because it is so freakin retarded. Maybe you guys enjoy raping your stupid buddies, but that just isn't fantasy.. to me at least.

Make all trades vetoable by the league members for any reason... and let democracy decide. If 10 other people feel that it would take away from their own fun, then that should be their right. You can make a case for any ridiculous trade.

I couldn't disagree more, UNLESS you have a VERY good group of owners that all understand that trades should not be vetoed unless there is some kind of cheating going on. All trades made in good faith should be allowed. Everyone should have the right to manage their own team. I have seen waaaay too many times where people have complained about a trade, only to watch the "loser" of the trade benefit greatly from it. No one can predict the future.

I've played in plenty of leagues in the past that allow league vote on trades, and it just doesn't work. When there is money on the line, people tend to veto ANY trade they think MAY benefit someone else. Especially if you allow for an anonymous vote. The best kind of trades are ones that can benefit both teams, but even these trades will be vetoed because no one else wants to see other teams improve. You might as well do away in with trades in leagues like this. To me, this was never very much fun. Just my opinion obviously, and the "league vote" rule can work in some leagues, but I will never play in another league that allows it.

I couldn't disagree more, UNLESS you have a VERY good group of owners that all understand that trades should not be vetoed unless there is some kind of cheating going on. All trades made in good faith should be allowed. Everyone should have the right to manage their own team. I have seen waaaay too many times where people have complained about a trade, only to watch the "loser" of the trade benefit greatly from it. No one can predict the future.

I've played in plenty of leagues in the past that allow league vote on trades, and it just doesn't work. When there is money on the line, people tend to veto ANY trade they think MAY benefit someone else. Especially if you allow for an anonymous vote. The best kind of trades are ones that can benefit both teams, but even these trades will be vetoed because no one else wants to see other teams improve. You might as well do away in with trades in leagues like this. To me, this was never very much fun. Just my opinion obviously, and the "league vote" rule can work in some leagues, but I will never play in another league that allows it.

Ding,Ding,Ding,Ding,Ding,Ding,Ding,Ding,Ding.

YES, the trade is standing, and most of the owners say, you gotta let it ride. I have lifelong friend pissed (who I have $200 additional side bets on Total Points overall), so he went from counting his money when Grant went down to me being alive again. YES he should go over the other owner's house and punch him in the face, cuase he doesn't agree with his line of thinking, BUT IT's HIS TEAM.

Exactly like the Matt Millen analogy.

How about some Kudos to the owner seeing an overload at RBs, and selling VJAX at an all time high? I mean Jebus, he's the #1 story on all the NFL shows, highlights of him performing. So the owner thinks he can run the season with Deangelo and Benson.....and he will have a new #1 WR...instead of Dez Bryant.

Like someone else said, thread over. Thanks for posting all the comments.

YES he should go over the other owner's house and punch him in the face, cuase he doesn't agree with his line of thinking, BUT IT's HIS TEAM.

So you're admitting that you're Madoff'ing the other owner? We're not saying you're cheating, but the only reason you started this thread was to attempt to justify that this was actually a somewhat even trade, when we all know clearly it isn't.

I hate veto leagues because it means that the people in your league are either incompetent or cheaters. Are you cheating? Assuming you're not, I guess you are in a league with incompetent people. It's not your fault...it's your job to get the best value for YOUR own team as you can. Heck, you should have offered an active player and picked up all 3 RB's! But I guess this is why your league has a veto rule! The system is working.

i almost never post on this board but i will say this trade is absolute BS and collusion at its worst and incompetance at best... veto the trade, or put it conditional where it only goes through if he gets traded before the first game of week 3 starts... that would be the RIGHT thing to do or else stop trying to justify your lopsided trade and i'll make sure never to play in a league like this.

who looks like the @$$Hat now??? that Vjax isn't going to be playing at all? well played you have just raped your friend for paying nothing for SJAX. i hope you are happy and obviously you are someone that has no conscience.

What I can add is, I feel bad for the other owner. The idea was for both of us to get value, but he didn't (at least not yet). He took the risk, and was all high on VJAX to be a top 10 WR for 3/4 of this season...and most of USA, NFL writers, TV media were thinking this way to, so calm down with the hindsight is 20/20 genius.

BUT

None of my 20year, $200 entry owners are bitching, none.

I had two other owners with offers on the table for VJAX, Addai and Bradshaw, so this owner doesn't look stupid. I was selling and I had buyers.

VJAX was on the Championship team last year, so he was getting a ton of attention and everyone remembers every TD like a dagger in the heart. I was seconds away from handing the VJAX parade off to 2 other owners, so that's 3 that were taking the VJAX sauce. I was to, but I needed RBs bad with Grant gone, not because I had a crystal ball.

In every league there is one stupid guy that ALL owners try to convince to trade every year.

In my league this trade would p!ss everyone off who DIDNT convince the dumb guy to trade.

Voting on trades doesnt work, has never worked, and will never work because of the concept that one team is getting a good player and may beat me in the future or simply be a better team than me, plain and simple. Votes are only self interest, not a real judgement based on fairness.

My league has gone to trades by point differential of 50 points. Sure you can trade VJAX for SJAX but you are gonna have to throw in other quality players to even things up. Example - SJax has 75 points so far...VJAX has 0. You better throw in some point earners from other positions to make it even. Unlimited trades up to week 8, then weeks 9-16 trades only with teams within 2 places in the standings (1 above, 1 below). Pretty much guarantees very limited trades after week 8, but so what.

Taking advantage of the dumb guy happened way too many times in my league and it caused me to try something else.

I'll bet the guy who gave up SJAX has NEVER won in your league. The other guys are fired up because they didnt get to him first.

Do the right thing and take the trade back. Especially now that VJAX is nearly out for good, it shows integrity of the commish.

Trading in fantasy football will always be a battle, even if you are all buddies for life. When big money is on the line around Chrsitmas time, I'll slap your momma for get a shot at a title. Its all good.

What I can add is, I feel bad for the other owner. The idea was for both of us to get value, but he didn't (at least not yet). He took the risk, and was all high on VJAX to be a top 10 WR for 3/4 of this season...and most of USA, NFL writers, TV media were thinking this way to, so calm down with the hindsight is 20/20 genius.

BUT

I had two other owners with offers on the table for VJAX, Addai and Bradshaw, so this owner doesn't look stupid. I was selling and I had buyers.

VJAX was on the Championship team last year, so he was getting a ton of attention and everyone remembers every TD like a dagger in the heart. I was seconds away from handing the VJAX parade off to 2 other owners, so that's 3 that were taking the VJAX sauce. I was to, but I needed RBs bad with Grant gone, not because I had a crystal ball.

I don't really understand your posts...it seems like you came on here trying to justify a trade you obviously felt was unfair (why else would you come on here and tell us about it). When people don't agree with you, you try and give us your excuses of why the trade IS fair, and people still disagree with you. If you don't want to pay attention to what the people on here have to say (and yes, everyone thinks it's a terrible trade. Draft position still matters as we've only completed 2 weeks, and you traded a person who wasn't drafted in my league till the 12th rd for someone drafted in the 2nd). I'm going to say what everyone else on here has said - It's not a fair trade, but you can't veto a trade based on stupidity. If no one in your league has complained, and you can live with yourself as the commish, then allow it. If you feel guilty for the trade (which I think you do, why else would you create this thread), then veto it and take one of the other offers if you can still get that.

As a side note, how anyone trades for V-Jax before today I will never understand. I had 2 trades to get him that were contingent on him getting the suspension reduced. Yes, I realize I would pay more for it, but I understood that if he did not get traded (and Schefter was reporting all weekend it looked like a long shot), he probably wouldn't play the rest of the season.

BUT

Maybe VJax could've been a top 10 WR for 3/4 of the season...IF he was traded and thus actually played for 3/4 of the season. But he wasn't, so right now it's looking like he won't be playing at all this year. I just don't understand why the guy couldn't wait a couple days before making the trade (or obviously not make the trade since Jackson himself didn't get traded).

But serious question for you: since everyone in your league was so "high" on VJax, what round did you draft him? If you say any later than like the 6th, then they weren't that high on him. If this guy wanted VJax so bad, he would've drafted him with one of his 6 other picks before you took him, rather than trading his #1 pick for him 2 weeks into the season with Jackson's situation basically the same as it was before the season started save a couple rumors.

If it's the team from you sig - Brady (2), Adrian (1)/Grant (3), S.Smith-car(4)/Meachem/TO (6), Clark (5), Kaeting, Jets, then you probably took him in the 7th at the earliest. So basically, you're full of sh*t

^^^ This explains why, even in the retarded logic of why this trade could ever be considered anything but horrifically unbalanced, that this simply doesn't add up. If this guy hated SJax so much (to the point where he values him less than Benson), why the hell did he draft him? And if he's so in love with VJax that he's willing to throw away one of his first 3 picks of the draft, how the hell was he not able to land him in the draft? Does the other guy have multiple personalities, and the 'guy' who drafted the team took an extended leave?

If a trade like that came up in one of my leagues, even if it was promptly vetoed, I would not return next year unless the guy getting reamed was thrown out (and both owners if I strongly suspected collusion). People like that should not be playing in money leagues, ever.

BUT

What you seem to be missing is that while this may have actually been a trade on the up and up, on the surface there is the appearance of impropriety, with you looking like a crooked commish. So to me, kind of like the CEOs that received huge bonuses while their companies dished out layoffs and received government bailouts, you have two choices:

1) Rescind the trade and maintain the appearance of integrity

2) Keep the trade and basically send the message (real or not) to the other owners to go fuck themselves

It looks like you've clearly chosen #2. :dunno: