Sign in to follow this  
Hitman49er

Drop J. Stewart for Lynch?

I own Brandon Jackson and am afraid of the Lynch trade, plus Lynch played well for Buffalo last week if the trade doesnt go down. Stewart has been rough, but am I being too proactive?

This question is just plain silly. What would make you even think this is a good move?

I know this is off the wall, but in theory I believe IF and this is a big if Lynch goes to Green Bay which has been rumored his value would be higher than J. Stewart who has been pretty frustrating with lack of carries and Clausen as a QB now. I will wait and see before I do anything, but I just wanted to gauge the reactions of my peers. Just trying to think ahead.

If Lynch goes to GB he's instantly a top 20 RB with the upside of a top 10 guy by season's end. There's no doubt about that. Brandon Jackson is above average at picking up the blitz and catching passes, but is ridiculously outmatched by Lynch in terms of vision, talent, experience, and ability to avoid injury. In my opinion, even tho GB's manager isn't known for making moves, his team has never been in this type of predicament: They could be a superbowl contender, but the complete lack of a running game may derail their lofty aspirations. Now, if I'm in that situation I'm trading a LB that only plays as ILB #2 (i.e. in their base 3-4) for a guy that has two 1,000 rushing yard seasons, a pro bowl appearance, and is 24 with less tread worn from the tires than he should have? I'd take it in a heartbeat and run laughing all the way to Jerry World then stomp whoever is unlucky enough to face my ridiculous football team. Hell, I'd even throw in a 5th round draft pick to give the Bills some consolation that I just swiped the best player on their roster (no, I didn't stutter, although that team doesn't set the bar particularly high).