Sign in to follow this  
bearwithbigclaws

Flex WR/RB Sit/Start Help--Will Answer Yours!

6 members have voted

1. 1. Which is best option?

• Start Portis/Boldin. Bench Smith.
    • Start Boldin/Smith. Bench Portis.
    • Start Portis/Smith. Bench Boldin.

Having trouble deciding who to fit in my WR2 and Flex Spots this weekend. 12-team PPR league, 1 point/10 yards plus a 5-point bonus for 100 yard milestone. Have to choose 2 of the following options:

Clinton Portis @ STL: Good matchup, though team has yet to establish running game (70/30 pass/run split last week). Is this the week he gets 20 carries and hits 100 yards?

Steve Smith (CAR) vs. CIN: Not the greatest matchup, and Clausen gets his first start... Though he is undoubtedly a stud and always seems to get his catches. Not sure Clausen is going to be any less effective than Moore.

Anquan Boldin vs. CLE: Another good matchup, and age seems to have finally caught up with Mason and Housh. Definitely Flacco's top target when he isn't throwing picks and looking like a deer in the headlights (the latter point gives me cause for hesitation).

I think I'm leaning toward Portis and Boldin, if only because they seem to be guaranteed more touches. Am I right to avoid Smith if I have the option?

portis and smith... rice should finally break out of his shell this week and run all over clevland so they wont have to pass, clausen being a rookie will look for the only reliable reciever and player in carolina, portis against st.louis hurt or not should be able to fine the end zone.check mine out tpete9 running back help.

Start Portis with that weak matchup and hope he finally breaks daylight. I say start Smith as well, he's got a rookie QB throwing to him but he's tough and will fight for those YAC and he just might break one. I don't see the ravens needing to pass all that much.