Sign in to follow this  
Nazarac

Which WR- Crabtree or Holmes?

Santonio Holmes is a FA in our league and I have been waiting to pick him up since he is on suspension but not sure if he will still sit another week or not since the trouble Braylon Edwards got into. First off, will he be any impact this year and will it be immediate? Is Crabtree gonna trouble it around? Thoughts?

My Roster (12 team league - 1QB, 1 WR/RB, 1 WR, 2 WR/TE, 1 WR/RB/TE - so you can start 3 TE's if you want and they score higher)

TQB Houston (Schaub)

TQB Philly (Vick)

RB Forte

RB Best

RB McFadden

RB Cadillac

WR Ochocinco

WR Santana Moss

WR Mark Clayton

WR Michael Crabtree

TE Antonio Gates

TE Dallas Clark

D Titans

K Vinetari

Santonio Holmes is a FA in our league and I have been waiting to pick him up since he is on suspension but not sure if he will still sit another week or not since the trouble Braylon Edwards got into. First off, will he be any impact this year and will it be immediate? Is Crabtree gonna trouble it around? Thoughts?

My Roster (12 team league - 1QB, 1 WR/RB, 1 WR, 2 WR/TE, 1 WR/RB/TE - so you can start 3 TE's if you want and they score higher)

TQB Houston (Schaub)

TQB Philly (Vick)

RB Forte

RB Best

RB McFadden

RB Cadillac

WR Ochocinco

WR Santana Moss

WR Mark Clayton

WR Michael Crabtree

TE Antonio Gates

TE Dallas Clark

D Titans

K Vinetari

I like your receivers and If I had to drop someone I guess it would be crabtree for Holmes..I would wait this weekend to see how mark chez does and how b. edwards is handled and reacts after being in trouble.

I'll offer you a totally biased opinion. As someone who never liked Braylon to begin with (even worse now) NOR Crabtree (=pre-madonna..should have long since learned that he plans for 49ers, not N.E.), I like the move to pick up Holmes. I can't sell it to you strongly, because obviously Crabtree has millon-dollar talent (too bad he's got a .10cent head). However: A)Alex Smith is still coming along. Monday's game was fine...but SanFran has surrounded Smith with no talent IN THE PAST. I don't know how quickly (if at all) he'll recover. B) Vernon Davis and Josh Morgan are good. C) So is Frank Gore. D) B&C = less to share w/Crabtree. E)Sanchez has a quality team around him. F)Braylon is a ball-dropping f-up. G) Santonio Holmes isn't. H) SH should be motivated upon his return...to, ah...play football in the NFL...AND get paid to do so. I think he'll step up. I) Maybe Braylon won't be there...hooray!

If nothing else, you should also look at SanFran's schedule vs. the Jets. I think San Fran has difficult passing matchup's through Week 8, then, they are on a bye in W9. The potential is there for Crabtree to fail miserably, esp. since that's exactly what he's done in the first two weeks.

I say, get Holmes if you can.

Mine: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Headlines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=183257

Tough call. I do not trust Crabtree at all, but Holmes is a threat to get himself suspended again. If you trust Holmes to be on his best behavior, I'd drop Crabtree for Holmes. I think Holmes has more upside but also greater risk. I'd probably take a chance on Holmes and drop Crabtree if it was my team.