Sign in to follow this  
justfsu

Breakdown on Week 3 RB Injuries

Just wanted to get opinions on this weeks injured RB's

Jahvid Best

This one is puzzling. Little if any info is out. Might be a good time to get old man Kevin Smith on your roster.

Steven Jackson

This did not look pretty as the D tried to make a wish on Steven's groin. I am guessing 3-4 weeks with lingering problems for the rest of it, taking away his explosiveness. Darby looked serviceable.

Ray Rice

Again, not much info. If Ray is smart, he'll sit for at least a week and miss the PIT game, let McGahee stink, and come back healthy.

Pierre Thomas

Obviously, he came back and sprung a screen pass for around 20 yards. Ivory played OK. I believe Thomas goes back to his normal load (if not just a little less) and Ivory does his best imitation of Reggie Bush by sleeping with a distant Kardashian.

Am I missing anyone/anything? Who's back up do you poach?

Hey, I appreciate the info and the links. I don't get to watch a ton of football during my kiddo's soccer season (I coach, we have Sunday afternoon games for another 6 weeks). The only one affecting me is PT, but his sounded like not much, so here's hoping. Can't believe the Rams won with SJax going down, that's a huge step in the right direction for them, just hope he's not out for very long.

On the Sportsline site they said Wells tweaked his kneed again. Did anyone hear or see anything on this. I was happy to see him get more carries then Hightower on his first day back but then I hear this.

Not looking good for Best , these injuries last all season.

Jahvid Best may have sprained toe ligamentsJahvid Best - RB - DET - Sep. 26 - 11:54 p.m. ET

Jahvid Best is reportedly concerned that he has sprained ligaments in his right big toe.

Best could put no weight on his foot after Sunday's loss. The Lions don't comment publicly on injuries, so it'll be hard to get any timetables out of GM Martin Mayhew and coach Jim Schwartz. Nothing has been confirmed, but sprained ligaments in the toe sound like a turf-toe sort of problem. The Lions visit Green Bay in Week 4. We wouldn't count on Best playing.