Sign in to follow this  
PATSSOX

Trade for Chris Johnson or not?

I can get Chris Johnson if i leave my trade offer on table tomorrow. I can not make my mind up. This league is a 12 non PPR with standard scoring. Start QB, 2-RB, 2-WR, Flex(RB, WR or TE), TE, K, D/ST

I am trading Michael Vick, Matt Forte, and Justin Forsett for Chris Johnson, Ringor and Carson Palmer. I have Matt Ryan also so id start him instead of Palmer of course. The problem i have is im already top scorer in the league and Vick is looking pretty dam good. And i dont really need CJ. Only way it would actually help me is if Vick comes down to earth. Vick can get you 38 pts like he did yesterday but Ryan will never come close to that mark. So only way its worth it is if CJ scores enough to off set the difference of Ryan and Vick. But Forte is pretty dam good too.

Here are rosters:

MY TEAM

QB-M Vick, M Ryan

RB-A Foster, C Benson, M Forte, B Scott , D Brown, J Forsett, M Lynch, S Slaton

WR-R Moss, R White, B Edwards

TE-J Finley

K-S Gostkowski

D/ST-Titans

HIS TEAM

QB-C Palmer, C Henne

RB-C Johnson, F Taylor, B Jacobs, F Jones, J Ringer

WR-B Marshall, D Jackson, M Clayton

TE-D Keller, O Daniels

K-N Rackers

D/ST-Raiders, Bears, Cowboys

Leave me a link and ill answer yours.

that looks like an offer similar to what I made in one of my leagues. I offered the CJ owner Vick and Forte for CJ his only QB is Favre and there is know one on the WW(14 teams and most rostering 2 or 3 QB's,QB heavy scoring). I have a little different QB situation as I also have Brady(McNabb). I would make that trade if I were you. I think now is the time to sell high on Vick. I dont think his value can get higher. If you are comfortable rolling with Ryan every week then I would make the trade.

that looks like an offer similar to what I made in one of my leagues. I offered the CJ owner Vick and Forte for CJ his only QB is Favre and there is know one on the WW(14 teams and most rostering 2 or 3 QB's,QB heavy scoring). I have a little different QB situation as I also have Brady(McNabb). I would make that trade if I were you. I think now is the time to sell high on Vick. I dont think his value can get higher. If you are comfortable rolling with Ryan every week then I would make the trade.

I am not so comfortable with Ryan. I do have Roddy White which is a nice combo but Vick has a much higher ceiling then Ryan. I can expect 12-20 pts from Ryan each week but not alot more then that. Im not sure the difference between CJ and Forte is enough. :dunno:

Yea your in alot better situation then me. Palmer is garbage and nothing more then a backup.

thanks for answering

Wow. I had this whole big long post, and as I talked it through, I changed my mind. I think your average point difference between Vick and Ryan will make up for anything you get with CJ over Forte. And at end of the day, Ringer and Palmer are just noise, so you're giving up RB depth (Forte & Forsett) and lightening in a bottle for CJ. My gut says stand pat and ride it, or get a better package deal.

I can get Chris Johnson if i leave my trade offer on table tomorrow. I can not make my mind up. This league is a 12 non PPR with standard scoring. Start QB, 2-RB, 2-WR, Flex(RB, WR or TE), TE, K, D/ST

I am trading Michael Vick, Matt Forte, and Justin Forsett for Chris Johnson, Ringor and Carson Palmer. I have Matt Ryan also so id start him instead of Palmer of course. The problem i have is im already top scorer in the league and Vick is looking pretty dam good. And i dont really need CJ. Only way it would actually help me is if Vick comes down to earth. Vick can get you 38 pts like he did yesterday but Ryan will never come close to that mark. So only way its worth it is if CJ scores enough to off set the difference of Ryan and Vick. But Forte is pretty dam good too.

Here are rosters:

MY TEAM

QB-M Vick, M Ryan

RB-A Foster, C Benson, M Forte, B Scott , D Brown, J Forsett, M Lynch, S Slaton

WR-R Moss, R White, B Edwards

TE-J Finley

K-S Gostkowski

D/ST-Titans

HIS TEAM

QB-C Palmer, C Henne

RB-C Johnson, F Taylor, B Jacobs, F Jones, J Ringer

WR-B Marshall, D Jackson, M Clayton

TE-D Keller, O Daniels

K-N Rackers

D/ST-Raiders, Bears, Cowboys

Leave me a link and ill answer yours.

Do it, but see if you can get away with Vick and Forte for Johnson and Palmer. I have good feelings about Forsett. I just don't think he's worth a handcuff for CJ who has yet to show an injury problem.