D Week to week

QB Ben

RB Torain

RB Ivory

RB J Stewart

WR S Smith

WR L Murphy

WR S Rice

I got an offer where I get Dallas Clark, Fitz, Favre, and the Pitt D (D gets big points in our league) for Hillis, Ben, Sid Rice, and Hernandez

I hate to see Hillis go, but this is something I gotta do, right?

I'm in a 12 teamer, 0.5 PPR. Here's my team:

QB Cutler

RB Charles

RB MJD

RB/WR Hillis

WR Miles

WR Knox

TE Hernandez

K Who cares?

D Week to week

QB Ben

RB Torain

RB Ivory

RB J Stewart

WR S Smith

WR L Murphy

WR S Rice

I got an offer where I get Dallas Clark, Fitz, Favre, and the Pitt D (D gets big points in our league) for Hillis, Ben, Sid Rice, and Hernandez

I hate to see Hillis go, but this is something I gotta do, right?

YES pull the trigger..TE is a hugggge upgrade and Fitz is still getting his targets....and Big Bens not ur starter Rice is hurt so who knows it hell even come back and Hernandez is ok but not that great in PPR leagues....So with that said YES

Help me out

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=372647

If Def is big, but you are going week to week. This suggests to me that this position is a bit like a TE mandatory league.

Except is worth add/dropping every week a def.

So if this is the case, and you feel Pit is akin Gates. Do the deal.

i would do that in a heart beat, you get clark who always productive, fitz who doing just fine, and the steel curtain. plus who the hell know when rice is coming back if he does, i have him on my team and i got offered river for rice and henne which i took instantly.

Thanks guys, I pulled the trigger.

FWIW the Pitt D has 86 points and Gates has 88. I wouldn't quite liken them to him, because there's a bigger gap between Gates and the other TE's and Gates is a much more surefire bet going forward, but I'm thinking of starting the Detroit D this week (we get 2 pts per sack), so I'd rather just stick with the Steel Curtain than play risky D's like Det.

Now the only question is whether I take a flier on Kolb/Bradford rather than relying on the two most erratic QB's in the league.

DONT Make the trade.

The Giants just showed everyone how you beat the Bears and one more hit and Cutler could be out for months instead of a days. Besides, Ben has been a top 5 QB the last 3 years and could easily end up being your starter instead of Cutler going forward even if he is healthy. Would you really want Favre and the disaster of a passing game in MN as your starter? I think not.

Hillis is the only stud on the Browns and will continue to be the bulk of their offense as long as he is healthy. He is arguably your 2nd best back behind MJD. I like Charles upside, but not with TJ vulturing touches. I'd rather have 2 full time backs as a time share anytime.

Hernandez is improving by week and only looks to get better from here. Sure he's no Dallas Clark but this years TE class is way too deep to be trading for anyone other than Gates.

The only place I think you gain in the trade is Fitz and he isnt the same guy without Warner. If they make the move to Max Hall which looks eminent, he is not going to stretch the field. Sure Fitz will have yardage after catch opportunities, but I like Rice as a deep threat better than I like Fitz as the same this year.

I'd keep playing matchups on D. NE would have netted you 27 pts this week which was 16 better than Pitt, why trade when situational matchups are going to net you the same or better?

I'll play QB roulette and somebody will get the job done.

Actually, NE would have netted me 43 points. But they didn't, because I cut them and I played Atlanta instead. For every New England performance, there are 20 week to week DST's that lay an egg- Pitt will add few points of expectancy from the D position every week.

Aside from that, your point about Dallas Clark not being worthwhile because of depth at the TE position is just silly.

And there is absolutely nothing to like about Rice over Fitz. I know you're trying to play devil's advocate, but it's hard to take you seriously when you're trying too hard.

I'll play QB roulette and somebody will get the job done.

Actually, NE would have netted me 43 points. But they didn't, because I cut them and I played Atlanta instead. For every New England performance, there are 20 week to week DST's that lay an egg- Pitt will add few points of expectancy from the D position every week.

Aside from that, your point about Dallas Clark not being worthwhile because of depth at the TE position is just silly.

And there is absolutely nothing to like about Rice over Fitz. I know you're trying to play devil's advocate, but it's hard to take you seriously when you're trying too hard.

Sounds like you got my point all the same.