Sign in to follow this  
c_Weezie

Did I just lose this trade?

I gave: RB Mike Tolbert & WR Lance Moore

I receive: WR Brandon Lloyd & RB Mike Bell

I have depth at RB and desperately needed to make a move to get help at WR. I was shopping around at some of the better WRs and other owners were demanding Best/McCoy, and I wanted to get a deal done without losing a feature back (McCoy, Best) or giving up Torain (who I'm high on). I'm off to an unfortunate 1-3 start in my league (14 team, competitive money league). My team is #2 in scoring, but #1 in points against with some really close losses and it's mainly due to lack of consistent WR play.

Here is my team:

----------------------------------------------------

QB - Aaron Rodgers

RB - LeSean McCoy, Jahvid Best, Ryan Torain, Shonn Greene, Mike Bell

WR - Brandon Lloyd, Santana Moss, Steve Smith (CAR), Kevin Walter

TE - Kellen Winslow

D/ST - Falcons

K - Mike Nugent

How did I do?

The other owner views Mark Clayton and Brandon Lloyd as interchangeable, and the trade has yet to go through.

Would I be better off with Mark Clayton?

That trade is fine, but I think I'd go with Clayton long-term over Lloyd. Clayton is the #1 target in St. Louis, Lloyd is one of 3 or 4 very talented receivers in Denver, the tide could turn on him at any second.

I think you did really good. You have the depth at RB. Moore will lose value when Bush is back. Bell is nice insurance for you and Lloyd has a chance to be a top 10-15 WR.

My link

That trade is fine, but I think I'd go with Clayton long-term over Lloyd. Clayton is the #1 target in St. Louis, Lloyd is one of 3 or 4 very talented receivers in Denver, the tide could turn on him at any second.

That's kind of where I'm at on this deal. I don't trust Lloyd to keep this up AT ALL, and I'm not sure about Clayton putting up consistent numbers with a rookie QB.

I'm tempted to just stand pat and reassess my team after this weekend and then look at making a move for a different WR...

lost this trade yes

I see. Well I didn't go through with it. I was waiting for him to accept, and I pulled it off the table for now. I don't trust Lloyd to continue this (especially with Royal, Thomas, and Gaffney around), and the difference between he and Moore isn't worth giving up Tolbert at this point.

***In my situation - would you trade Jahvid Best for Roddy White?

***In my situation - would you trade Jahvid Best for Roddy White?

Wow, I don't know. I LOVE Roddy, but I might be a bit nervous running with just McCoy and Torain. Still, it's Roddy. I say do the trade and try to turn Lloyd :) And you still have Tolbert, right? I'd pull the trigger. Roddy is going to be top-3 in PPR.

And mine if you have time.

Wow, I don't know. I LOVE Roddy, but I might be a bit nervous running with just McCoy and Torain. Still, it's Roddy. I say do the trade and try to turn Lloyd :) And you still have Tolbert, right? I'd pull the trigger. Roddy is going to be top-3 in PPR.

And mine if you have time.

That's the hang-up. I'm not sure about running with McCoy and Torain/Tolbert/Greene....pretty sketchy set of backs. If I knew Steve Smith would come back and put up points I would hold off, but I'm still really torn.

That's the hang-up. I'm not sure about running with McCoy and Torain/Tolbert/Greene....pretty sketchy set of backs. If I knew Steve Smith would come back and put up points I would hold off, but I'm still really torn.

What do you think your prospects are of turning Lloyd into someone solid?

What do you think your prospects are of turning Lloyd into someone solid?

Low, but I don't currently own Llyod. I dropped the Lloyd trade (which had me sending Tolbert/Moore for Lloyd/Bell). The deal for Roddy is with the same owner (who is in desperate need of a #2 RB), but I'm afraid if I deal Jahvid away I will be cutting my nose to spite my face. I fix my WR problem and cause a RB problem (having Torian/Greene/Tolbert as my #2 RB).

Low, but I don't currently own Llyod. I dropped the Lloyd trade (which had me sending Tolbert/Moore for Lloyd/Bell). The deal for Roddy is with the same owner (who is in desperate need of a #2 RB), but I'm afraid if I deal Jahvid away I will be cutting my nose to spite my face. I fix my WR problem and cause a RB problem (having Torian/Greene/Tolbert as my #2 RB).

Ahhh, I got it. I think I'd stand pat.

This is a really close one. As much as I like R. White I don't think I'd part with Best to make it happen. Actually, I would prefer the first trade. Better upside with lower risk because you aren't losing one of your top RB's. Thanks for the help on mine.

At least wait to see how Shanahan uses Torain this week. If he has a monster game, nothing wrong with cutting Best loose to give you a sure thing at WR.

Hell, if Torain really crushes, you might be able to sell high on him for a WR instead