Sign in to follow this  
llano

Will Champ be covering Edwards or Holmes?

I would guess Edwards due to his size.

Per Rotoworld "Matchups Column" by Evan Silva -- With Champ Bailey likely to guard Edwards (easily the Jets' most productive receiver thus far), a bust-loose game could be in the offing for Holmes. He's not a WR2 yet, but he's definitely a WR3.

(As an aside, I can't stand it when prognosticators make two inconsistent statements because they don't have enough sack to stand by their own statement. If Holmes has a "bust-loose" game, he's "definitely" a WR2 and could end up in WR1 territory. I see this a lot in the discussion on Williams (TB) -- people saying he's a great WR3. No, he's clearly putting up WR2 numbers and is borderline WR1.)

Per Rotoworld "Matchups Column" by Evan Silva -- With Champ Bailey likely to guard Edwards (easily the Jets' most productive receiver thus far), a bust-loose game could be in the offing for Holmes. He's not a WR2 yet, but he's definitely a WR3.

(As an aside, I can't stand it when prognosticators make two inconsistent statements because they don't have enough sack to stand by their own statement. If Holmes has a "bust-loose" game, he's "definitely" a WR2 and could end up in WR1 territory. I see this a lot in the discussion on Williams (TB) -- people saying he's a great WR3. No, he's clearly putting up WR2 numbers and is borderline WR1.)

That's a pretty lazy statement all the way around. His reasoning is that Braylon Edwards has been the Jets most productive receiver SO FAR, well that is because Santonio Holmes has only played 1 game. I think Holmes is the more talented WR, and would be the guy I'd want Bailey on. But it will depend if Holmes plays more snaps this week too, which he should. He only played about half the snaps on Monday night.

That's a pretty lazy statement all the way around. His reasoning is that Braylon Edwards has been the Jets most productive receiver SO FAR, well that is because Santonio Holmes has only played 1 game. I think Holmes is the more talented WR, and would be the guy I'd want Bailey on. But it will depend if Holmes plays more snaps this week too, which he should. He only played about half the snaps on Monday night.

I see what you are saying, but Champ will be on Braylon.

Edwards may have hands of stone, but he is a tough match-up for most cornerbacks due to his size, strength and athleticism.

I know he gets beat up a lot, but don't doubt his raw talent. He was the 3rd overall pick in his draft class for good reason.

He was the 3rd overall pick in his draft class for good reason.

i too think Edwards is very talented and minus his dropsies, he is one of the best WR's in the league imho.

but i hate when people use draft spot as an arguement. It means very little.