Sign in to follow this  
notJames

QB help

Roethlisberger v. CLE

E. Manning v. DET

Both are juicy matchups on paper, and being a Steelers fan, I really want to start Big Ben. But will he outperform Manning, who is coming off a big game and playing an inferior defense? Will the four-week layoff make Ben rusty, or will Coach Tomlin keep the offense conservative on his first game back?

Any help would be appreciated and reciprocated.

I think that Ben is a better option. The steelers will have the game in control and want ben to work his rust off.

I am also biased though :overhead:

Thank you for asnwering mine.

I like both matchups as well. However, i do like Roethlisberger a little more this week. He may be a little rusty, but i don't believe it will last very long. I think he'll get into a groove somewhere during the game, and when that happens, it's very difficult to stop Big Ben.

I'd go Eli without a doubt. Big Ben has the better matchup, but there's a GREAT chance that they will be up big in this game. With that happening, he won't be throwing the ball nearly as much as Eli. Plus, Big Ben could be rusty from the layoff. I know there's also a chance that the Giants could blowout the Lions as well, but the Steelers/Browns game seems a lot more probable of that happening than the Giants/Lions, especially since the Lions have pretty much been in every game this year.

I have the exact same dilemma. I am also a Steelers fan. After going back and forth on it a few times, I think I'm going with Eli mainly because of the chance Ben may be a split second out of sync. As stated both are good matchups for each QB, so either choice is probably a good one.