Sign in to follow this  
Savior57

Trade CJ Spiller in a keeper League?

A guy in my league wants to trade me Thomas Jones for C.J. Spiller in a keeper league where we only keep three and can only keep one player per position. My other RBs are DWills, Hillis, LT, and R. Brown.

We start 3, standard scoring, no ppr.

Am I crazy to be bawking at this, as Spiller is not getting even close to full-time work from the Bills?

I think it depends on what your plans are for this season and/or next season. Also, the keeper rules may come into effect. If you sacrifice your first 3 picks or if it depends on the value of the player you are keeping. I'd probably make this trade though, if you plan on keeping Williams at RB. This definitely gives you a better shot at winning this season. I'd rather have Thomas Jones than 3 CJ Spillers this season.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=374277 <--- Please help

If you can keep only one player per position, you're not going to keep C.J. Spiller over DeAngelo Williams. The latter is a special talent despite the fact that he plays for an inferior team at the moment and is young enough to make him viable for years to come...

So, for this year only, I'd go Thomas Jones based on your scoring system as described. Do you get points for punt/KO returns?

If you can keep only one player per position, you're not going to keep C.J. Spiller over DeAngelo Williams. The latter is a special talent despite the fact that he plays for an inferior team at the moment and is young enough to make him viable for years to come...

So, for this year only, I'd go Thomas Jones based on your scoring system as described. Do you get points for punt/KO returns?

I completely agree.