Sign in to follow this  
elaments

Scoring issue

The other team who I lost to by 2 points had Oakland D vs the Chiefs. On one kickoff Jacoby Ford returns it for a TD, 6 points for OAK Defense. Then on the ensuing kickoff the chiefs muff the punt and Oakland recovers and they get another 2 points. Now tell me this, how in the hell could Oakland defense get points for both the kicking team and the kick return team it makes absolutely no sense. Anyone else agree?

I will not be arguing the points and just gonna take the loss and move on but I think it's kinda BS.

In a lot of leagues that use team defenses, the D gets credit for special teams plays. That includes the kicking unit and the receiving unit. No big mystery there.

Sorry, meant Jacoby Ford.

Ahh ok... then I echo what Frank said. Most fantasy leagues (most I've been in anyways) label the position as "DST", rewarding points scored by both the defense and special teams.

So this scoring does make sense, under most leagues basic set-up.

Ya but Jacoby Ford also gets 6 points for the TD return as well, they give 6 to the individual and the defense which doesn't make any sense forgot to include that as well.

Ya but Jacoby Ford also gets 6 points for the TD return as well, they give 6 to the individual and the defense which doesn't make any sense forgot to include that as well.

Your league scoring is ###### up. It should be one or the other. But nothing you can do now, you signed up for the ###### league and now you're stuck with it. HTH :wave:

I'm just in my second year playing FF, but i'm relatively sure thats pretty standard scoring. I know that's the way it is in my league.

I don't like having DST's involved in fantasy football. Take the kickers and defense's out its just too random and doesn't add to the game.

That's pretty typical scoring rules from what I've seen. And you're right, it is screwy as hell. That's why I hate playing team defenses. My home league switched to IDP a few years ago, and I like that format a lot more.

That's pretty typical scoring rules from what I've seen. And you're right, it is screwy as hell. That's why I hate playing team defenses. My home league switched to IDP a few years ago, and I like that format a lot more.

Seems to me that as long as you know whats what going in that this type of thing shouldnt be a big deal.

Seems to me that as long as you know whats what going in that this type of thing shouldnt be a big deal.

Oh, I agree. You should know your league's scoring system going in, and then it's never a question. I just think standard DST scoring where a D and an individual player can both get points for the same TD is screwy. It's always been that way, and if them's the rules, them's the rules. But that's why I like IDP a lot better. Plus, my offensive players get bonus points for making tackles. That can take some of the sting out of an INT or losing a fumble.