Sign in to follow this  
xbishopx

James Starks Activated off of the PUP list

I still don't think he'll make an impact this year but if Jackson goes down you never know.

Per Rotoworld:

Packers activated RB James Starks (hamstring) from the PUP list.

Beat writer Rob Demovsky is "stunned" by the decision. Starks hasn't played football in two years, so he won't be incorporated into the offense any time soon. The Packers likely decided that they needed the depth at tailback over the long haul in case Brandon Jackson sustains a season-ending injury.

Bjax is playing good football right now so id just keep an eye on Starks but nothing more

I think it's telling that that didn't release backup RB Nance, instead opting to cut a linebacker to make room for Starks. So, Starks is the 4th stringer, after Jackson, Kuhn, and Nance. I don't think he'll see the field much. He appears to be more of a long term option for them.

I think it's telling that that didn't release backup RB Nance, instead opting to cut a linebacker to make room for Starks. So, Starks is the 4th stringer, after Jackson, Kuhn, and Nance. I don't think he'll see the field much. He appears to be more of a long term option for them.

Maybe. Long term option to me would mean the would have IR'ed him.

Im almost thinking Kuhn goes back to fewer carries now...but Jackson is still the guy who will get the majority of the carries.

I am curious what you guys might think of Starks' Dynasty-type outlook.

Does he get a chance to establish himself next year, maybe usurp Jackson for the back-up job?

Why activate the dude to just give him no shot at all?