Sign in to follow this  
rlb

PPR Lineup Help (leave a link and i will respond to yours)

Would you rather start Thomas Jones or Michael Crabtree as a flex play in a PPR league? Compounding my dilemna is that Jamaal Charles is my RB1.

The matchup vs Arizona screams for me to start Jones but he has been awful the last two weeks. Crabtree has scored in 4 of his last 5 games but the matchup vs Tampa is less than ideal and he doesnt seem to get more than 5 targets per game.

I am in a must win situation this week. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a link and I will respond to yours.

I'm usually against starting two players from the same backfield, so I'd be hesitant to use Jones at the Flex. Tampa's passing D has been pretty good, but mostly against garbage teams like Carolina and St. Louis. Matt Ryan threw for 235 against them recently, and a few weeks back Breaston had 147 receiving yards and Fitz got 2 TDs. I like Crabtree as of late, especially with Troy Smith at QB. I think he has a lot of potential for the rest of the season and is the better play for this week.

Would you rather start Thomas Jones or Michael Crabtree as a flex play in a PPR league? Compounding my dilemna is that Jamaal Charles is my RB1.

The matchup vs Arizona screams for me to start Jones but he has been awful the last two weeks. Crabtree has scored in 4 of his last 5 games but the matchup vs Tampa is less than ideal and he doesnt seem to get more than 5 targets per game.

I am in a must win situation this week. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Leave a link and I will respond to yours.

I would go with Crabtree. Troy Smith has the 49er offense looking better and seems to like throwing to Crabtree. I would avoid starting two RB's starting on the same team.

Crabtree has scored in 3 out of the last 4 weeks and Troy Smith looks to him much more than Alex did. Go Crabtree

Just like you told me, i would go with crabtree. Its who i was looking at starting and he has finally been living up to the hype. As long as he keep making plays, smith will look at getting him the ball. Vernon davis actually gets doubles teamed in the endzone a lot which leaves crabtree as not only a deep threat, but also redzone. Thomas jones may get the ball several times during the game, but it seems like charles gets the goal line carries and the bulk of the load so jones may not have much production aside from 60-80 yards

ouch, that's almost a coin flip IMO. TJ has averaged almost 20 carries the last 4 weeks, aside from last week playing from behind.. Against Arizona chances are they will be back to normal.

San Fran fan here and I love Crabtree with Troy at QB.. But I still have a slight worry given that in my league TJ has outscored Crabtree in the past weeks, again, aside from last week with KC playing from behind.. Then Crabtree ended up with that late TD because Troy needed to push the ball downfield and in the endzone..

I might actually go with Thomas.. but unfortunately that would be one I'd contemplate all week..

start crabtree. i agree with the above that starting 2 RBs in the same team is a bit dangerous, but i also think crabtree will score more pts for you. tj has been out of it lately, so i would ride on crabtrees previous performances and start him.

I agree with the majority thinking that you should go with Crabtree. Since it's PPR and you are already starting Charles, I think Crabtree is your better option. Thanks for mine.

Another vote for Crabtree. He's been tough lately and starting both rb's from KC just doesn't appeal to me.

ouch, that's almost a coin flip IMO. TJ has averaged almost 20 carries the last 4 weeks, aside from last week playing from behind.. Against Arizona chances are they will be back to normal.

San Fran fan here and I love Crabtree with Troy at QB.. But I still have a slight worry given that in my league TJ has outscored Crabtree in the past weeks, again, aside from last week with KC playing from behind.. Then Crabtree ended up with that late TD because Troy needed to push the ball downfield and in the endzone..

I might actually go with Thomas.. but unfortunately that would be one I'd contemplate all week..

Hopefully you went with T.Jones??