Sign in to follow this  
Mackgee

Was it me or did the Redskins get 5 downs on the final TD?

I thought so too. They are claiming that the catch that set up Wash with 2nd and 1 from the 3 with under a minute to go was ruled a first down and instead was 1st and goal.

I don't buy it. The WR was down by contact prior to the first. Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy.

?

They definitely got 5 downs. I rewound it twice just to make sure. The pass to Armstrong made it 2nd and 1. The chain gang guys had different numbers on their markers until it was 3rd down. The announcers even said "this is not 3rd down, it is 4th down." On 5th down, the Redskins got a TD. Then missed the XP. Kharma is a b_tch, isn't it?

They definitely got 5 downs. I rewound it twice just to make sure. The pass to Armstrong made it 2nd and 1. The chain gang guys had different numbers on their markers until it was 3rd down. The announcers even said "this is not 3rd down, it is 4th down." On 5th down, the Redskins got a TD. Then missed the XP. Kharma is a b_tch, isn't it?

NFL is rigged!

I figured out what happened. They had 1st and 10 at the 12. If you watch the tape, the ball is spotted at the 12 yard line. However, the first down marker is, for some reason, spotted at the 3 yard line. Effectively making this a 1st and 9 scenario :dunno:

Fox had the correct marking for the first down, at the 2 yard line. The 9 yard pass ensued, which was clearly short of the necessary 10 yards, but due to the 1st down marker being only 9 yards from the line of scrimmage, they were given the 1st down on the field. This was not clear in the booth til later, hence the confusion.

Bottom line, NFL refs messed up. Big surprise.

As a Bucs fan, this was complete crap and a serious folly by the officiating staff.

1st and 9?!?! ARE YOU FOCKING KIDDING ME?

THEN THE 1ST AND 9 TURNS INTO 5 DOWNS?

WHAT THE FOCK?!?!?!

I almost had a heart attack watching that game.

:mad: <_< :shocking:

The entire bar could probably hear me screaming.

Here is a pic, pre snap

http://i51.tinypic.com/wtcf8o.png

1ST AND 9!!!

The chain gang (or actually the refs) messed up one other time too in that game. I was at the game and don't know if this came through on TV but the Bucs came very close to a first down and they brought out the chains to measure. The lead stickman put the point of the stick down while they were placing the chainmarker on the line and straightening out the slack...but the ref thought it was officially pulled tight and signaled 1st down and waved the chain crew forward (and it was REAL close). BUT they never tightened the slack in the chain. The ref jumped the gun. It had a lot of people scratching their head and then booing. It clearly wasn't a 1st down - the ref just didn't see that they hadn't tightened the slack yet but c'mon man, that's your job.

Wow are you kidding me?! This is the NFL. I thought this crap only occurred up in Ann Arbor.

Seriously, let's keep this thread alive until the NFL at least acknowledges it.