Sign in to follow this  
clarkevii

Grooming in The Championship Game

First of all I want to thank all of you FFtoday Owner's. This is the first year I used this site for fantasy advice and I went 12 - 1 and wound up in my 16 team league Championship game! Anyway I wanted to pose this situation to y'all because I want to know if you think it's collusion.

I'm the #1 seed in the championship game playing the #2 seed. The number two seed is a very capable owner who has played for a long time and has even won our league before. My team BARELY loses to his but after the championship game he starts to brag on the league message boards. It turns out our commissioner was offering him unsolicited advice and convinced him to start Adrian Peterson in his flex and play Matt Cassel at QB. Turns out both these moves sealed my fate. There is a $100 buy in league and I still walk away with some money but MUCH less.

Now - Should I just forget about this... or do I have a reason to be PO

Not collusion at all, not even close. I would bust his balls a bit that he's not a good enough mgr etc but seeking advice or opinion of another league member is not collusion.

Not collusion at all, not even close. I would bust his balls a bit that he's not a good enough mgr etc but seeking advice or opinion of another league member is not collusion.

Agree with this :thumbsup:

Good points. Just want to clarify:

the owner was not seeking advice.... The commissioner went out of his way to GIVE the advice to him

:dunno:

The guy I was grooming finished 3rd. I won. Vick, Charles, Mike Thomas and Tamme.

I won 1st, despite drafting Moss and Colston. It was Jamal Charles that won it for me.

However, I also informed him to pick up Joe Webb (Yahoo). And I traded Aaron Rogers to him. It almost came back to bite me in the ass, because he was hard to beat this week, but he did well against the people I wanted him to beat. It was a brilliant strategic move ... trading Rogers and rolling with Vick. I traded Rogers and Sproles (byes week 10) to my opponent week 10 and then whooped his butt with Vick.That win got me a first round bye. The one week Charles/Jones did not put up 20+. I woulda been out if it wasn't for the bye.

The guy I was grooming finished 3rd. I won. Vick, Charles, Mike Thomas and Tamme.

I won 1st, despite drafting Moss and Colston. It was Jamal Charles that won it for me.

However, I also informed him to pick up Joe Webb (Yahoo). And I traded Aaron Rogers to him. It almost came back to bite me in the ass, because he was hard to beat this week, but he did well against the people I wanted him to beat. It was a brilliant strategic move ... trading Rogers and rolling with Vick. I traded Rogers and Sproles (byes week 10) to my opponent week 10 and then whooped his butt with Vick.

Brilliant strategic move? You took advantage of a noob. Why would he have traded you Vick when Vick was averaging almost as many PPG as Rodgers, had already had his bye, and had an easier schedule coming up? Because he didn't know what he was doing, that's why.

However, I also informed him to pick up Joe Webb (Yahoo). And I traded Aaron Rogers to him. It almost came back to bite me in the ass, because he was hard to beat this week, but he did well against the people I wanted him to beat. It was a brilliant strategic move ... trading Rogers and rolling with Vick. I traded Rogers and Sproles (byes week 10) to my opponent week 10 and then whooped his butt with Vick.That win got me a first round bye. The one week Charles/Jones did not put up 20+. I woulda been out if it wasn't for the bye.

Gonna throw out your shoulder patting yourself on the back

It did go almost exactly as planned. But the plan was to face the groomee (word?) in the championship game (he lost the semi by less than 2 points). He would have won. But we might have come to some agreement where he couldn't play Webb, since I told him about him. I might have played Jones over Rice considering he had Rogers ... we'll never know. I won, he got 3rd.

2nd place guy had Rapistburger (traded away Brees and Lloyd after Ben came back, that was stupid) and McFadden, McCoy, Zach Miller, Hester, Chicago DST. He put up a good fight but ... I won.

Good points. Just want to clarify:

the owner was not seeking advice.... The commissioner went out of his way to GIVE the advice to him

Still doesn't matter - not even close to collusion. Sounds like you took the advice of people on the FF Today forum this year and were successful - if your opponents don't also know about this site, is that unfair? Of course not. Every week we all do some research to decide how to set our lineups - seeking and/or receiving advice or information to help that process could never be against any rules.