scherber830

No PPR, Full PPR, or .5 PPR?

No PPR, Full PPR, or .5 PPR?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which Do You Prefer?

• No PPR
    • Full Point Per Reception
    • Half Point (.5) Per Reception

I noticed there is a 4 point TD or 6 point TD for passing TDs thread, so I figured I'd make one for PPR or no PPR.

For years, I've played in a league where we do no PPR, and finally we are changing it. My theory is that a WR/TE who catches 10 passes in a game but perhaps only for 90 yards made a whole hell of a lot more impact in said game than the backup tightend who managed to catch a lucky 1 yard TD for his only catch. If you don't play PPR that lucky-ass tightend scored almost as many points as the 10-catch guy.

Also makes RBs like McCoy or Rice even more valuable, what say you guys?

I like .5 PPR because it's a happy medium between the scenario above and having ridiculously inflated WR stats.

1ppr makes it A LOT easier for replacements....and makes average guys have more value. 1ppr all the way.

Our league changed from no PPR to .5 PPR a few years back in order to make season point totals for WR more equal to RB. Seems to have done the job. Here is 2010 results:

RB

Foster 340 (great year)

AP 248

C Johnson 240

WR

R White 238

Lloyd 235

Bowe 228

:cheers:

I'm in a non-ppr standard scoring league. The average weekly score for 10 years is 110. I ran my last season with a .5 ppr and it did not change one head to head outcome. I also looked at the impact of the .5 ppr and it amounted to a 2.5% difference or 2.75 points a week (if you compare the team that would benefit the most to the team that would benefit the most). Keep in mind that the those numbers are comparing the best and worst case...with most of the teams having no real impact. I hope that makes sense. I'm not "hating" on ppr...just trying to expain why I don't see the need for it. Afterall...if you're trying to elevate the value of wr's it really does not do that...it all relative. They all catch passes. I guess it might be a factor if you have a flex position but we do not.

Funny...we start 2 qb's but we don't have a flex position and we don have ppr.

1ppr makes it A LOT easier for replacements....and makes average guys have more value. 1ppr all the way.

No it really doesnt. The top WRs just score even more than the stiffs now since they catch more passes. If you want a way to get some extra points for seemingly useless WRs and rookies then the best way to to that is to reward some points for return yardage. If the goal is to boost all WRs, then PPR is OK but if you want to boost the LOWER tier players then return yardage is the way to do it. Yes, I know, Harvin and D-Jax are the exceptions.

PPR is really ghey though - cant people just field a good team or do they have to have it so every damned player scores a ton of points? Bunch of commies...

I like PPR, especially in deeper leagues, since it broadens the talent pool to include slot receivers, 3rd-down backs, and other guys who wouldn't get a glance in a normal league. It forces you to have a deeper understanding of roster talent throughout the league.

I like half PPR as it makes yardage and touchdowns still significantly more important. It's mostly, in my opinion, to award the running backs who do well as receivers.

I like full PPR myself but I think it depends greatly on the league size and draft style, if you play in a league with 10 teams or less its not needed. If you are in a league with 12 or more teams and using a snake style draft I think it is necessary to even out the RB position and not unnesscarily punish the teams drafting at the end of round 1.

It makes a top 5 RB and top 5 WR much closer in value and also elevates quite a few RB's that stay on the field for 3rd down because they can pass protect and catch passes. Also roster size and starting lineup come into play, if you start a flex position or 3WR than its necessary in a league with 12 or more teams.

If your still not convinced, I really think PPR rewards active FF players that do the research, watch the games and work the WW more than most leagues. I don't have any data to back this up, but it just feels like in my PPR leagues the active managers seem to make their teams stronger as the season goes on where as in TD heavy leagues whoever drafted an elite RB/QB and got lucky with their 2nd RB is unstoppable and can coast into the playoffs. Whereas a good set of PPR WR's can match an overperformaing 2nd RB fairly easily.

I like half PPR as it makes yardage and touchdowns still significantly more important. It's mostly, in my opinion, to award the running backs who do well as receivers.

This. We did a full point per reception and it made the value of WR greater than RB. 1/2 PPR is the perfect balance.