Sign in to follow this  
Knight_Rider

2011 Fantasy Schedule

What are your league's plans if/when the NFL goes to an 18 game regular season? I am commissioner of a 12 team dynasty league and I'm leaning towards proposing we don't change our scheduling format.

Currently our schedule is pretty standard. Play each of your divisional opponents twice (10 games), and 3 of the 6 teams from the other divison. The wrinkle we add is that we try to weight the schedule so that the good teams from the previous season play the good teams from the other divison. The bad teams play the bad teams, so their is a degree of "strength of schedule".

I also like that because not everyone plays everyone, we will at times see a fantasy bowl with two teams that have not met in the season.

I'm thinking about keeping the 13 game regular season/3 playoff weeks format and just letting the final 3 or 4 weeks of the NFL season go to waste. I don't suspect that this is the popular line of thought.

Any ideas on what your league(s) are going to do if this happens?

My league uses a similar format (12 teams, 2 divisions, 13 regular season games, 3 playoff games). If the NFL changes their format I think I will be moving towards using 3 divisions. Play your own division twice and everyone else once (14 games). Then set up the playoffs for 3 or 4 weeks and not use the last NFL week. I couldn't imagine ending the fantasy league with a month of football left as you proposed.

I'm not sure how many weeks the NFL 18 game schedule would run. Would it be 19 weeks long with 1 bye?

I thought I heard that the proposed 18 game season would include 2 bye weeks, bringing the NFL regular season to 20 total weeks. I could be wrong though.

An 18 game schedule is going to make RBBC even more of a factor. It's already been trending that way before, but it will certainly become the norm if the 18 game schedule is finalized.

I thought I heard that the proposed 18 game season would include 2 bye weeks, bringing the NFL regular season to 20 total weeks. I could be wrong though.

An 18 game schedule is going to make RBBC even more of a factor. It's already been trending that way before, but it will certainly become the norm if the 18 game schedule is finalized.

Yes, it would be a 20 week season. 18 games and 2 byes for each team.

It would be very easy schedule-wise for a 12 teamer. Two 6-team divisions.

- Play each of your divisional opponents twice (10 games)

- Play each non-divisional opponent once (6 games)

- Three weeks of playoffs (top 6 make it, bye for top 2 seeds in 1st round)

- Skip week 20

We currently do with 12 teams 2 divisions of 6 and a 11 week regular season where everybody plays everybody once. 6 teams make the playoffs and week 12 is the first round with the top 2 seeds having byes. 13-14 is the semifinals and 15-16 is the finals. I always have enjoyed two weeks per round in the playoffs better to give the good teams a chance to still win with a fluke bad week.

I suppose we will most likely go with a 14 week season, play everybody in your own division twice, play 4 teams in the other division. Then week 15 for first round, 16-17 for round 2, 18-19 for the finals and just not use week 20.

2 more games is 2 more chances for Thomas Jones to read blocks PERFECTLY.

I support the change.

12 team league, two conferences, four divisions (two per conferences), each division has 3 teams

17 week NFL schedule:

-play each divisional rival two times (non NFL bye weeks)...4 games

-play every other team 1 time...9 games

-3 rounds of playoffs

-no games on NFL week 17

20 week NFL schedule:

-play each divisional rival 3 times (non NFL bye weeks)...6 games

-play every other team 1 time...9 games

-play 1 game vs. corresponding team in other division w/in conference (i.e. if you finished 2010 first in your division, you play the 2010 first place team from the other division w/in your conference)

-3 rounds of playoffs

-no games NFL week 20