Sign in to follow this  
12th Man

Decimal Scoring--Kickers

Hello Mike!

Purchased the CC--I am inputting my league's scoring and for kickers FGs are woth 3 points (0-29 yds) and then for 30-39 yards wee use decimal scoring-- 3.1 = 31 yards and so on and so forth for 40-49 and 50+. In the column for 0-29 yards I have input 3 but inthe following categories how would you input the scoring for that?

Thanks,

12th Man

Hey 12th. A lot of scoring systems are like that now for kickers, but since we don't predict how long each and every FG will be (can you imagine me asking Krueger to do that?), the best we can do is work an average. Figure the FG a kickers kicks between 30-39 will average 35 yards, so make that 3.5 in that one (35 yards = 3.5 points). SImilar for 40-49, put 4.5 there. For the 50+ range you might feel 5.5 is a little high. I sometimes ratchet that back to 5.2 or so, but we are just quibbling about a few points which won't make much if any difference in the kicker rankings.

Thanks.

Hey 12th. A lot of scoring systems are like that now for kickers, but since we don't predict how long each and every FG will be (can you imagine me asking Krueger to do that?), the best we can do is work an average. Figure the FG a kickers kicks between 30-39 will average 35 yards, so make that 3.5 in that one (35 yards = 3.5 points). SImilar for 40-49, put 4.5 there. For the 50+ range you might feel 5.5 is a little high. I sometimes ratchet that back to 5.2 or so, but we are just quibbling about a few points which won't make much if any difference in the kicker rankings.

Thanks.

Sounds good. Thanks for the feedback!