Sign in to follow this  
H4B

DeSean Jackson for Vernon Davis

I'm in a keeper PPR league where I traded DeSean Jackson for Vernon Davis yesterday.

I'm allowed to keep 6 WRs and I have Reggie Wayne, Brandon Lloyd, Sidney Rice, Michael Crabtree, Donnie Avery and Randy Moss (can start a max of 3) so I'm pretty deep.

It seems like it's possible to find a stud WR on waivers but impossible to discover a TE.

Am I nuts?

I don't hate the move. It really depends what TE you think you could of got in the draft. If I was trading for a TE in PPR, I'd much rather get Gates, Witten, or Clark though. They are the high catch guys that you definitely can count on.

That being said, Desean Jackson is usually overvalued in PPR. Hit total catch numbers are hardly elite, and will likely be in the 60-65 range at best. I still like him better than any of your WR's besides Wayne and MAYBE Lloyd. Avery and Moss are pretty useless in my opinion, so I don't think you are THAT deep.

If you could of got a Zach Miller or Chris Cooley in the draft, I probably would of preferred sticking with DJax. But if you were looking at a Gronk, Keller, Heap, or Celek, then the move to get Vernon could be justified.

We don't redraft (except rookies in the summer). So the only way to get players is through a trade or waivers. It seems impossible to find a top TE but plug-in WR and RBs are out there mid-season.

I think Sidney Rice has a good year this year depending on where he lands and Crabtree is interesting.

I don't like it myself, I am not sold on V.Davis as an elite tight end. The QB situation there is terrible and will be for another year at least. :thumbsdown:

DeSean aint great in ppr but he and Wayne were the core of your WR corp. You weakened that group considerably.

I like the trade. You are deep at receiver and tight ends are much harder to come by. Jackson is an exciting player, but is holding out and people forget that Maclin was the #1 on that team.

Slam dunk trade. DJax is way over-valued in PPR leagues, since he catches like 60 balls a year. Plus, you're crazy deep at WR.