Sign in to follow this  
buffgeoff

Adding IDP to a League

I'm the commish of a 10 year league and want to add IDP into the mix. I need to subtly incorporate it so owners will be willing to give it a chance then ultimately expand it in the next couple of years. Any thoughts on how to best do this?

My initial thoughts are:

• Auction draft as normal to fill the league 15 player roster (QB-1, RB-2, WR-2, TE-1, K-1, Flex(QB/RB/WR/TE)-1, DEF-1, Bench-6)
  • Conduct a separate IDP draft probably via email, post auction draft -- I feel this is necessary since many owners will not know how to properly evaluate IDP values amongst the offensive players so will be hesitant about voting IDP in
  • Draft 5 IDP players: DL-1, LB-1, DB-1, Bench-2
  • Use standard IDP scoring from Yahoo, ESPN
  • Question - do you still draft a DEF/SP team with IDP?

Thanks for your help!

How about just asking the other 9 guys in your league.

Wow, great response... Thanks for your awesome feedback!

I would reconsider. Not that there is anything wrong with IDP, but changes to a perrineal league can be quite disruptive. Long-standing leagues are unique in that there is a track record of consistent scoring settings, making the league history interesting and relevant.

talk to your league members about the scoring of IDP's, then introduce perhaps 2-4 to your league if they are willing.

A league I play in with friends for about 4 years now uses 4 IDP players; 2 LB, 1DL, 1DB, it adds more to the competition and helps you pay attention to both sides of the ball when watching games, but maintain the offence first mentality of fantasy football. Hope it works out! i love IDP leagues.