Sign in to follow this  
stvlknvl

Thoughts on QB in 1st round

I am in a seasonal league 2qb, 3rb, 4wr, 2te, 2k, 2def are reqired 6pts, for all td's 25yrds/1pt passing 10yrds/ 1pt rushing recieving.

Last year was my first year in this league and QB's were taken w/ the 3rd 5th-7th pick overall w/ 8 teams in my conference (other 4 teams picked RB's). Am I behind a curve here? I just do not see the value in it. Last year I figured I would draft best player available, target a QB w/ an easy schedule to start the season and grab Big Ben w/ my last Pick. I lucked out last year by picking up M. Vick but I do not see that happening again.

With all that being said how would you adjust your draft, w/ this trend. Bye the way the year before in the first round 3 QB's were taken in round one, so I do not think it a flukey draft, just other owners wanting a QB that bad.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

I am in a seasonal league 2qb, 3rb, 4wr, 2te, 2k, 2def are reqired 6pts, for all td's 25yrds/1pt passing 10yrds/ 1pt rushing recieving.

Last year was my first year in this league and QB's were taken w/ the 3rd 5th-7th pick overall w/ 8 teams in my conference (other 4 teams picked RB's). Am I behind a curve here? I just do not see the value in it. Last year I figured I would draft best player available, target a QB w/ an easy schedule to start the season and grab Big Ben w/ my last Pick. I lucked out last year by picking up M. Vick but I do not see that happening again.

With all that being said how would you adjust your draft, w/ this trend. Bye the way the year before in the first round 3 QB's were taken in round one, so I do not think it a flukey draft, just other owners wanting a QB that bad.

Thanks in advance for your insights.

People see 6 points for passing TD's and decide QB most important position. If five QB's are taken in the first round this year, you should be able to get a top 3 RB or top 3 WR. You can still get a good QB later in draft. I would go best player available like you did last year.

When everyone is going one way, it's a sure sign to do the opposite! :cheers:

Grab the best RB's & WR's and then when everyone starts to follow, there will be a few good QB's left at a much cheaper price (Stafford, Big Ben, Freeman, etc.)

I am a big "Wait on your QB" kind of guy. However, in leagues that give 6 points for passing TDs, I bend that rule a bit. By bending, I mean I MIGHT(If they are available) take one of the stud QBs in round one. Basically that means Manning or Rodgers, IMO. MAYBE Brees. If you can't get one of them, just keep on waiting on your QB, loading up on RBs and WRs.

The reason for this is because most of the other QBs will finish about the same in numbers by the end of the year. You just have to control yourself with playing match-ups all season with your QBs if you wait. That is where a lot of folks get burned, playing matchups with the QB position. If you play matchups all year, you can/will miss their big games.

Thanks for the advise 4 qbs taken in first round, so I ended up w/:Arian Foster, Leean McCoy, Drew Brees, Dwayne B owe, A. Gates, B. Marshal, Stevie Johnson, Shon Greene, Jimmy Graham, J.Cutler & E. Sanders from pitt. If I do not win I should hang up my spurs.