Sign in to follow this  
Evil Genius

Early Doucet - and his brother Tardy

With Breaston out the door, do either of these dudes pick up the slack in Arizona, opposite Fitz, and the ball from Kolb?

Does either warrant consideration in Fantasy, with #3 WR possibilities?

50rec, 600 ReYds, 5TDs...?

AZ homer here. I wouldn't be surprised if the Cards bring someone else in, but I guess those guys are #2 and #3 on the depth chart right now. Doucet has loads of talent and IMO was the reason they were comfortable letting Boldin go. But he has been injured a lot and he is as dumb as a box of rocks. He's kind of turned into my poor-man's Jerry Porter, who I draft every year thinking this is finally the year he breaks out, only to be disappointed again.

Roberts... 3rd round pick out of the Citadel I think, and I recall the general feeling around here being "who? :unsure: ". Word in the media is that he showed improvement at the end of last year which made Breaston expendable, but as a person who watched every game, I don't recall having that feeling.

Anyway, after those glowing endorsements, if I had to pick one, I'd pick Doucet, because he is built more like a typical #1 or #2 whereas Roberts is better suited in the slot. Then again, so is Breaston, and they used him as a #2.

...if I had to pick one, I'd pick Doucet, because he is built more like a typical #1 or #2 whereas Roberts is better suited in the slot. Then again, so is Breaston, and they used him as a #2.

I just took a flyer on Doucet in two leagues with deeper rosters.

He has a sports hernia. Come on rock-brain - heal up. I could use a little out-of-nowhere love. :music_guitarred:

He's kind of turned into my poor-man's Jerry Porter, who I draft every year thinking this is finally the year he breaks out, only to be disappointed again.

Are you responsible for the "Jerry Porter was a dumb pick" league name?

Are you responsible for the "Jerry Porter was a dumb pick" league name?

No, but I always laughed when I saw that name. And by laughed, I mean cried. :cry: