Sign in to follow this  
aj78_joker

2011 compiler Countdown Clock

Just downloaded the 2011 Cheatsheet Compiler & Draft Buddy and noticed that there is no countdown clock on the summary tab. I checked the 2010 version and the clock is there. Has the clock been removed or do I need to make a change for it to appear?

Hi joker. I did remove it in 2011, so I haven't got it hidden on you somewhere. It was the biggest drag on performance for Draft Buddy in the past, and the one thing I would consider the biggest "frill" (nice to have, but not a necessity). That or the sound effects - kind of a toss-up. In combining the Compiler and Draft Buddy this year into one file, something we've received great reviews about, I had to make some cuts to make sure the CC/DB worked the best it could. The countdown timer had to go. Sorry about that. Did you find it helpful, and never had an issue with Buddy performance?

I used the countdown clock for our draft. It worked great at keeping our time short, we didn't have to sit and reset a timer as soon as I clicked the pick the clock reset and we were off. To be honest I won't buy this again next year if the clock isn't part of it. I'm pretty upset that I paid for it this year and you didn't let us know beforehand that the clock was removed.

I have to agree. I used the clock and it was a key part of our draft and now i'm not sure what to use in it's place. I didn't notice any particular performance issues. Things can take a little time when compiling but other than that it seems to run well enough to me. Any little hiccups are worth having the timer IMO.

If performance is the reason, why not just add that as a FAQ that it could cause issues and don't use it if it's a problem? Keep it in as an option.

Oh, one suggestion that doesn't apply to the clock. Could you add a round designation for the keepers so that they can be automatically entered into the appropriate round in the draft? That is how our league functions...keepers count for the round you drafted them the previous year. The keeper tab is rather useless for this as I just have to enter them in the draft summary. Having a column in the keeper tab for draft round, that would then populate the draft, would be cleaner.

Thanks

Sorry you guys are missing the countdown clock so much. I didn't expect that reaction. I'll have to see about adding it back in the future.

IMGooch - The keepers tab does work that way you describe right now. On the rules tab make sure you set "Keepers Cost a Draft Pick" to "yes". After hitting Compile Cheatsheets at this point, you should see an extra column added for each team on the keepers tab. If you click one of those cells, to the right of the player you input as a keeper, a drop-down will appear where you can indicate the draft pick given up to keep that player. The CC/DB will copy that player to the draft report tab beside the appropriate pick.