Sign in to follow this  
72dolfan

My Choice of Keeper determines my draft slot

I'm in a 12 team PPR league and we're allowed one keeper. we use the snake draft.

If I keep ADP, I draft in the #1 slot, and Peterson is my pick. That means my next pick won't be until #24.

If I keep Hillis, I draft in the #10 slot and Hillis will be my 5th round pick (5.10).

Based on the Vikings inability to land a replacement WR for Rice, I'm thinking Perterson will be facing a lot of 8-9 man fronts. I don't think Hillis will put up the numbers he did last season, but I don't think he'll be a bust either.

What say you? Go with Peterson or Hillis?

What say you? Go with Peterson or Hillis?

I would go Hillis. Not because he's a better RB but because he is a better value. I'm not sure about the keepers in the league, but based on ADP (ppr scoring from fantasyfootballcalculator.com), you could probably get Gore (16) or maybe Mendenhall (13) on the way back in the 2nd. Conversely, Hillis' ADP is 24, so technically, by the numbers, you could get AP with #1 and then Hillis with #24. I'm not sure if I would take the chance.

I would still keep Hillis and take best available at #15

I would go Hillis. Not because he's a better RB but because he is a better value. I'm not sure about the keepers in the league, but based on ADP (ppr scoring from fantasyfootballcalculator.com), you could probably get Gore (16) or maybe Mendenhall (13) on the way back in the 2nd. Conversely, Hillis' ADP is 24, so technically, by the numbers, you could get AP with #1 and then Hillis with #24. I'm not sure if I would take the chance.

Mendenhall will not make it back to you at pick 24 unless he either dies in a firey wreck, a limb falls off, or everyone in your draft just forgot he was there.

Actaully, if I keep Hillis, I'll get #10 & #15...... Hillis would count as my 5th round pick (5.10). So I would could take a top flight WR with the 10th overall pick, or possibly someone like McCoy or whatever RB is left, and still have the 15th pick as well.

Actaully, if I keep Hillis, I'll get #10 & #15...... Hillis would count as my 5th round pick (5.10). So I would could take a top flight WR with the 10th overall pick, or possibly someone like McCoy or whatever RB is left, and still have the 15th pick as well.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought Hillis was then slotted into that #10 spot.

That only concretes my decision (if it was mine lol). I would grab Hillis (well worth a 5th round pick) and then go best available RB/WR at 10/15.

Good luck

Look at this another way. Who is the keeper for the guy that gets to pick 1st? He will have whoever that is and Peterson. Can you compete with that? :dunno:

Keep ADP

Look at this another way. Who is the keeper for the guy that gets to pick 1st? He will have whoever that is and Peterson. Can you compete with that? :dunno:

Keep ADP

That wouldnt matter to me because in my league last year an owner had ADP and Chris Johnson and didnt even make the playoffs. Go with Hillis.

Help with mine please... http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=385946

Keep ADP

If I keep ADP, that's all I have is ADP and a seat while waiting for the 24th overall pick. That means the best WR and RB available will probably be something like C Benson and maybe D Jackson.

BTW, the guy with the #1 pick overall (if I don't keep ADP) doesn't really have any good keepers.