Sign in to follow this  
bjsteel

Devin Hester should give up being a WR

Cutler led him perfectly down the sideline for what should have been an 80yd touchdown, instead, Hester catches it and runs out of bounds. Then he has a chance to catch an easy TD at the 3yd line, and he trips over his own feet. Next play he drops a pass at the goal line while being hit, but should have held onto the ball.

This guy should stick to punt returns and let a real WR play...of course the Bears are clueless and gave him starting WR money!!!

Worst part about that contract is they did it before even really trying him as their WR1.

I would put Angelo up against any other GM in the league for title of "Biggest Pud." Look at the Kreutz trade, recent draft picks, Hester contract, etc. etc. The worst part of all of it is they keep managing to win just enough to keep him employed.

Worst part about that contract is they did it before even really trying him as their WR1.

I would put Angelo up against any other GM in the league for title of "Biggest Pud." Look at the Kreutz trade, recent draft picks, Hester contract, etc. etc. The worst part of all of it is they keep managing to win just enough to keep him employed.

Yep, making it to the NFC title game kept Lovie and Angelo around for a couple more years!! :thumbsdown:

See, these are the smart Chicago Bear fans.

Sorry guys, hopefully you miss the playoffs and ownership cleans house. Too bad that couldn't have happened before Olsen was traded away.

See, these are the smart Chicago Bear fans.

Sorry guys, hopefully you miss the playoffs and ownership cleans house. Too bad that couldn't have happened before Olsen was traded away.

I can see it now, next draft the Bears will be looking for a TE that can strectch the field once Martz is jettisoned! :shocking:

All off-season they were talking about phasing Hester out a bit as a WR then as soon as camp began they started drinking the Hester Kool Aid again.

Kreutz wasn't a trade. Bears offered him 4 Mil/1year Kreutz wanted 4.5...they said no. He then signed with the Saints for 2Mil/1year so as far as I'm concerned Kreutz is the pud in that situation.

Cutler led him perfectly down the sideline for what should have been an 80yd touchdown, instead, Hester catches it and runs out of bounds. Then he has a chance to catch an easy TD at the 3yd line, and he trips over his own feet. Next play he drops a pass at the goal line while being hit, but should have held onto the ball.

This guy should stick to punt returns and let a real WR play...of course the Bears are clueless and gave him starting WR money!!!

Actually Cutler overthrew him and when Hester made his adjustment to catch the ball, his momentum carried him out of bounds. If you see their reaction on the play, Cutler knew he missed a TD by overthrowing him. His contract is full of incentives that if he reaches them, he will get paid starting WR money. Otherwise, the contract isn't that bad.

Hester playing WR is the least of the Bears issues. Roy Williams is more of a concern to me than Hester.

I agree - hes somewhat useless as a WR. Hell make a play here and there but he aint no WR1. Not even close. Hes a fantasy bust too since he gets drafted by someone every year as they hope he breaks out. 700 yards and 3 TDs later.... you feel violated.

Actually Cutler overthrew him and when Hester made his adjustment to catch the ball, his momentum carried him out of bounds. If you see their reaction on the play, Cutler knew he missed a TD by overthrowing him. His contract is full of incentives that if he reaches them, he will get paid starting WR money. Otherwise, the contract isn't that bad.

Hester playing WR is the least of the Bears issues. Roy Williams is more of a concern to me than Hester.

Of course Cutler's going to act like it's his fault, once he looks at the replay, he'll realize Hester only had to adjust a little bit to catch the ball, certainly not enought to take him out of bounds. Any top WR makes that catch and stays in bounds.

Of course Cutler's going to act like it's his fault, once he looks at the replay, he'll realize Hester only had to adjust a little bit to catch the ball, certainly not enought to take him out of bounds. Any top WR makes that catch and stays in bounds.

Actually it was UNDERthrown. He had to slow down and lean back over his left shoulder for it. Still should've been able to stay in though. There is no excuse on the touchdown pass though. :wall:

How many drops did Boy Roy have? I lost count