Sign in to follow this  
vamosvaqueros

Keep my RB depth or trade for WR1

In my PPR, I'm not confident with my WR corps (Mike Wallace as my #1), but I lucked out and ended up with some good RB depth: Felix, Benson, Fred Jackson, Beanie Wells (Mendenhall and McFadden as starters). Based on our projected scoring, I have 7 Top 35 RBs. Nobody else has more than 4.

Considering a package deal to trade some of my RB depth to upgrade at WR.

Thoughts? Should I just stick with it and let the RBs carry me (pun intended) or trade from my strength? Wallace put up WR1 numbers, but isn't as much of a slam dunk in a PPR.

(We start 2 RBs and have 2 flex spots; so at most, I can start 4 of the 7)

angling for a trade after the draft and before the season is a sign of insecurity and weakness. attempting to trade from a position of weakness is asking to get crushed on value. the only combination you could propose that would make me consider parting with a legit WR1 that i just drafted would be wallace and felix, and only if i was terribly weak at RB. you'd be a fool to make that trade.

stop overthinking it. you drafted those guys for a reason. if you can't trust yourself now, when nothing has changed since the draft, you're in for a long season.

um....who are your WR2 and WR3, and why did you neglect the importance of WR position in the Draft ?

Where's pooh to help this guy ?

I'm with Plasma George. If you're looking for a WR1 now, why didn't you draft one yourself ? :dunno:

AJ, Roddy, Calvin, Nicks, Fitz, and Bowe were all kept, along with a few other mid-range guys. I had lost my 2nd rounder for keeping McFadden and wasn't going to take Wayne or Jennings with my first rounder, so I went with Mendenhall (best available RB).

I also have Welker, Amendola (both PPR gold) and Britt (suspension maybe) and AJ Green (terrible QB situation). Britt and Green have upside but likely won't contribute in the first few weeks.

I'm leaning towards riding it out until I see how much I will get out of AJ or Britt

With 2RB and 2Flex spots, I would keep your RB corp together. You should just destroy your opponent at 4 positions every single week, so what if he wins at 2WR slots? You actually have pretty good ppr WR's so your opponent might not actully beat you at WR either, you just lack depth. WR's are a dime a dozen in ppr, if you stay active on the WW chances are good that you can pick up more than one decent WR's.

It sounds like a smaller league with that big a roster and that many RB's but you should shop Benson around and see if anyone bites. Putting out trade feelers is a smart idea, you want to know who the guy is that likes to trade too much in your league and you want to get to him first.

Don't go nuts though with trades in preseason unless you are getting a clear upgrade, RB depth is a big advantage to have and will force other teams to come to you for trades. Trading from a position of strength is always the key.