Sign in to follow this  
Lion Fan

What draft slot would you prefer?

My league does a draft slot lottery..when you're up you can pick the slot you want based on what's left. I have the 4th choice.

So far #3 is gone

Redraft 10 team league snake draft.

Just wondering where everyone else would like to be given the choice.

Thanks

First pick.

Def 4th pick this year. You are locked into either AP, Foster, Rice or Charles and you get a better 2nd round pick. IMO those 4 guys could all finish #1 this year and you'll get a much better WR in 2nd round.

Def 4th pick this year. You are locked into either AP, Foster, Rice or Charles and you get a better 2nd round pick. IMO those 4 guys could all finish #1 this year and you'll get a much better WR in 2nd round.

That's what I'm thinking. I hope it's available. Thx

i would take the first pick and grab foster. there's a built-in advantage with the first pick of getting two consecutive picks for the rest of the draft, which spares you the annoyance of missing out on a player you want because you wrongly predict what the guys around you will do in between your two picks. you just grab the top two on your board every time, i love being in that position.

I like 8 - 10 because I'm a big advocate of getting the two best WRs first, then stocking up on sleeper RB candidates. Not everyone agrees with me, but I've always felt that sleeper wides like Colston and Mike Williams are rare and extremely difficult to find, but sleeper backs like Foster, Bradshaw, McFadden, etc., seem to be fairly common and much easier to identify. Ray Rice three years ago. DeAngelo Williams 4 years ago, Chris Johnson his rookie season.

You can build a pretty formidable team with the two best wides and a couple of the aforementioned backs.

i would take the first pick and grab foster. there's a built-in advantage with the first pick of getting two consecutive picks for the rest of the draft, which spares you the annoyance of missing out on a player you want because you wrongly predict what the guys around you will do in between your two picks. you just grab the top two on your board every time, i love being in that position.

The first pick scares me a bit because you CAN'T miss. If you miss you're riding through the season with none of the top 19 ranked players. It's not impossible, just difficult.

i usually prefer the bottom of the round, because the turnaround helps me with overall team structure. this season though, i'm really liking the look of players at the 3 or 4 spot in 10-team leagues. rice/nicks or fitz/hillis is a common theme in the mocks i've done, and that's a really good foundation upon which to build in the middle rounds. that sets up an interesting round 4 and 5, with excellent QB and TE talent available to go along with WR2 and RB depth.

i still like the turnaround this season, but the teams i'm coming up with at 3 and 4 feel a lot more solid than those at 9 or 10. i haven't mocked 1-2 enough to really get a feel for those picks, but the teams i'm seeing there don't get me as excited.