Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

If you take a Top WR... what RB do you take in Rd 2?

If you have a Top WR in Rd 1, what RB do you take?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. What RB would you take in Rd 2? .5 PPR

• Frank Gore
    • Steven Jackson
    • Matt Forte
    • Michael Turner
    • Mendenhall/Blount/ are not an option (Keepers)

our league is set up where you get .5 PPR... as much as I would love to get a Top WR in the first round.. i am not so sure who I would take in the 2nd... none of the guys you consistently run into are that enticing

Frank Gore (Injury Concerns, Crap Offense, Not a lot of TD's) Averages about 50 receptions a year

Matt Forte (Inconsistent, Barber there to vulture TD's and probably Receptions, not a big TD guy anyways and struggled at the goal line) Averasged about 50 receptions in past years

Stephen Jackson... (believe it or not is the guy I like the most out of this bunch.. with Josh McDaniels there to open things up more for him, Bradford with a year under his belt, and Cadillac Williams to keep him fresh I think his numbers improve this year, and he gets closer to 10 TD's in a better offense....) Averages about 50 receptions in past years, did have one year though with 90 receptions :shocking:

Michael Turner... (Not as good in PPR, getting close to the breaking point.. I still think he has 1 good year left in him, but I would definitely grab Snelling for insurance)

than after that... it would really be a reach to grab some of the other "hot commodities" this year.. You could grab another Top WR.. but than you would be scrambing to get RB's in rounds 3 and 4 (A lot of the "Maybe's")

So for anyone else who is faced with this decision who would you go with?? Mendenhall/Blount are Keepers

Probably none of them. I pick 7 in the same format tomorrow and plan on taking Vick and a top WR remaining in the 2nd (prob Fitz). I will roll the dice with Felix Jones, S Greene, Mathews, and hope one pans out and I always find someone on the wire during the year.

Probably none of them. I pick 7 in the same format tomorrow and plan on taking Vick and a top WR remaining in the 2nd (prob Fitz). I will roll the dice with Felix Jones, S Greene, Mathews, and hope one pans out and I always find someone on the wire during the year.

I like Sjax. Hoping for more like 7 TDs this season with huge rec/yd numbers.

I would have chosen Forte a couple weeks ago but Barber is actually worrying me about taking a chunk out of his opportunities the more I see.

Turner will be solid but no receptions and less yards puts him behind Sjax.

I like Sjax. Hoping for more like 7 TDs this season with huge rec/yd numbers.

I would have chosen Forte a couple weeks ago but Barber is actually worrying me about taking a chunk out of his opportunities the more I see.

Turner will be solid but no receptions and less yards puts him behind Sjax.

How is that possible? Turner had 1450 yards vs S Jax 1600 and 12 tds vs s jax 6 tds? Its only .5 ppr in his format so the xtra 30 catches from s jax is only 2.5 td equivalent.

How is that possible? Turner had 1450 yards vs S Jax 1600 and 12 tds vs s jax 6 tds? Its only .5 ppr in his format so the xtra 30 catches from s jax is only 2.5 td equivalent.

Magnets, how do they work?

More receptions for Sjax and less yards/TD for Turner.

I'd imagine in a keeper PPR that the top WRs are being kept....? Stone got it right with Hillis (if available). Could very easily match last years numbers. Keep in mind that he will only play Pitt. D once in a normal fantasy schedule (they play the 2nd time in wk.17, when most leagues are over). If not, I think its between Turner & SJax, or another WR (who would be available?).

I'd imagine in a keeper PPR that the top WRs are being kept....? Stone got it right with Hillis (if available). Could very easily match last years numbers. Keep in mind that he will only play Pitt. D once in a normal fantasy schedule (they play the 2nd time in wk.17, when most leagues are over). If not, I think its between Turner & SJax, or another WR (who would be available?).

CLE,

Week 14, @ Pittsburgh

Week 16, @ Baltimore

Yea Hillis will be kept in like the 9th round... so no option there

Check Hillis' stats last year vs Baltimore, don't just assume that is a bad match-up. Wk 3 last year he hung 200 yrds & a TD on Baltimore. Wk 16 he didn't do squat vs them, so he's batting .500. I guess its a moot point if he's gone any way.