Sign in to follow this  
koopatroopa

my newest team

10 team league. PPR w/ standard scoring except : QB TD = 6 (not 4) ALL FG = 3 FUMBLE LOST = -1 (not -2)

QB WR WR WR RB RB RB TE TE W/R W/R W/R DST K

Koopa Troopa Kartel

1. (4) Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)

2. (17) Hakeem Nicks (NYG - WR)

3. (24) Philip Rivers (SD - QB)

4. (37) Jason Witten (Dal - TE)

5. (44) Dwayne Bowe (KC - WR)

6. (57) Jeremy Maclin (Phi - WR)

7. (64) Marshawn Lynch (Sea - RB)

8. (77) Joseph Addai (Ind - RB)

9. (84) Owen Daniels (Hou - TE)

10. (97) Mike Sims-Walker (StL - WR)

11. (104) Lee Evans (Bal - WR)

12. (117) Nate Burleson (Det - WR)

13. (124) LaDainian Tomlinson (NYJ - RB)

14. (137) Matthew Stafford (Det - QB)

15. (144) Deion Branch (NE - WR)

16. (157) Antonio Brown (Pit - WR)

17. (164) Mike Williams (Sea - WR)

18. (177) Montario Hardesty (Cle - RB)

19. (184) Heath Miller (Pit - TE)

20. (197) Harry Douglas (Atl - WR)

21. (204) Leon Washington (Sea - RB)

22. (217) Bernard Scott (Cin - RB)

23. (224) Anthony Armstrong (Was - WR)

24. (237) Victor Cruz (NYG - WR)

25. (244) Arizona (Ari - DEF)

26. (257) Lawrence Tynes (NYG - K)

I had never done a PPR league before, let alone one with a full point per catch. My strategy was to draft elite WR's and let pass catching RB's fall to me.

Full draft breakdown can be found in my sig.

This team is going to compete for last. Your RB's suck something terrible. Please see mine. Thanks!

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=forums&section=rules&f=8

I could be wrong, i have never done PPR, but at a full point per catch, i think the quality of my WR's will make up for it.

5 catches for 50 yards becomes 10 points all of a sudden.

You spent 7 of your first 12 picks on WR's? What are you going to do with all of them? You couldn't get a decent RB in 5 and/or 6? Wait till week 2 and package 2 WR's for a decent RB or hope Stafford blows up, trade him and a WR for a good RB.

Remember, in a PPR league, some RBs also get a lot of receptions! If I were you, I would do whatever it takes to land a top RB. I've never seen a team win a league without an anchor RB... that said, you might get lucky and pick one up on waivers (e.g. Peyton Hillis last year), but you have a serious RB problem now.

Please see mine:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=387177

Remember, in a PPR league, some RBs also get a lot of receptions! If I were you, I would do whatever it takes to land a top RB. I've never seen a team win a league without an anchor RB... that said, you might get lucky and pick one up on waivers (e.g. Peyton Hillis last year), but you have a serious RB problem now.

Please see mine:

With pick #4 i was looking for AP, Foster or Rice, with them all taken i didnt like the other option of Mendenhall (doesnt pass catch) CJ2K (holdout issues) and Turner (see mendenhall).

McCoy was an option but I dont think he will be quite as effective as he was last year. I understand my teams lack of strength of RB, I will have to wait and see if it is something I can over come I guess.

I still have faith that Lynch and Addai will strong runners for me behind my strong line of WR's, they are both good pass catchers as well. Tomlinson i worry about as he is not the lead back, but his skills as a pass catcher and strong play last season should help. Green is struggling becoming a cowbell.

Please see mine:

the link wont bring me to your post

Your going to get creamed at RB every week but you should win at every other position. You don't have enough RB's for those roster requirements.

Odd roster requirements am I reading this right 3RB/3WR/3Flex(RB/WR)? If so I would have loaded up on a lot more RB's, you could potentially start 6 RB's every week.

If any team has more than 5 viable RB starters they will probably win the league easily simply do to position scarcity.

I am very interested to see how a team like mine that is very WR heavy will stack up against a RB heavy team, I will let you know after a couple of weeks of hopeful wins.