Sign in to follow this  
Skinny_Bastard

J. Witten

Let's sweep aside the man crush for Gates and Finely. J. Witten seems to be getting very little love after finishing number 1 overall last year for TE. With Romo back and DEZ and Austin starting is there any reason Witten won't absolutely blow up this year? This guy will probably roam freely most of the year.

I see him finishing number 1 again with the following numbers.

1,050 yards

14 TD

Jason Witten has a average over the last 4 years of 92 receptions and 1033 yards. In PPR leagues, I think he is a top 3 TE, and probably the safest of any of them.

In standard scoring leagues, where he finishes among TE's pretty much comes down to his TD totals. Last year he finished with a career high of 9 TD's, which (besides Gates injury) is why he finished #1 at TE. The previous 3 seasons he had 7 TD's, 4 TD's, and 2 TD's. Which means he's been all over the board. The 2 TD season can be somewhat attributed to struggles along the offensive line, forcing Witten to block a lot in goalline situations.

Last year, I think Dallas finally realized that Witten is a huge mismatch against a LB inside the 10 yard line. I won't predict 9 TD's again for him because Dez Bryant is also a very good red zone target, but I think 7-8 TD's are realistic.

The man is simply not a TD machine, so why so high there?

I agree he will once again be his dominant self, I see 75-850-6

With Dez roaming around and Felix as a safety valve #2, I think his amount of catches may drop. Dallas hasn't been this stacked with talent in quite a while, and Witten may not need to be thrown to as often.

The man is simply not a TD machine, so why so high there?

I agree he will once again be his dominant self, I see 75-850-6

With Dez roaming around and Felix as a safety valve #2, I think his amount of catches may drop. Dallas hasn't been this stacked with talent in quite a while, and Witten may not need to be thrown to as often.

I think the TD production will carry over from late last year.

With Dez and Austin on the outside, there's simply no way teams can guard Witten. My guess is he'll be 1A when it gets to the goal line. He will set the TE TD record this year.

I think the emergence of skill players with Dallas is going to help Witten. The o-line is very young and inexperienced so he may have to shore up some issues, but this bodes well for him as he will be on the field more than Bennet. Witten and Romo are buddies and have amazing chemistry so any pass over the middle will go to Witten. Austin and Bryant are playmakers and will get theirs, but Witten is the safety valve and will continually be targeted. I see top 5 production this year.

I think the TD production will carry over from late last year.

With Dez and Austin on the outside, there's simply no way teams can guard Witten. My guess is he'll be 1A when it gets to the goal line. He will set the TE TD record this year.

Good point, but remember, that was Kitna throwing, not Romo. Romo loves him some Witten, but not near the redzone. Since I do not have him on any of my teams, I hope he does terrible. :overhead:

Good point, but remember, that was Kitna throwing, not Romo. Romo loves him some Witten, but not near the redzone. Since I do not have him on any of my teams, I hope he does terrible. :overhead:

I don't think it's Kitna but more of Garrett. Why try to fix something that have worked? Redzone success is key, and Witten getting first looks in the redzone has turned out pretty good. Again, i think Witten's TD success will be carried over from late last year.

14 tds? not a chance...I think his receptions will go down also with Dez in his second year of offense

6 TD in the final 5 games last year.

14 in 16 games.

Why not?

14 in 16 games.

Why not?

Add up his 3 seasons before last without romo....13 tds in 3 season...Almost all his tds came from kitna last year

14 in 16 games.

Why not?

Who was the QB during those games?

Who is the QB entering the season?

What historically have Jason Witten 's tds totals been with Romo at QB?

Does Felix jones look better than he ever has between the tackles?