Sign in to follow this  
bimmer

Who to start at Flex ?

PPR , TD = 12pts , 1pt = 10yrds rush/rec

Having a tough time who to start at Flex between Mike Tolbert and Santonio Holmes

SD probably going to put up alot of points against maybe a vulture TD here?

Holmes is #1 WR for Jets.. what's your take?

Leave a link.. WHIR!

In a PPR league, I'd go with Santonio Holmes. Dallas has a pretty weak secondary, and I think Holmes can have a solid game.

EDIT: I just reread the top of your post. TD's are worth 12 points? :shocking: I might have to go with Tolbert then. He should be the goalline back and have a pretty good opportunity to score against Minnesota.

I dunno that Tolbert is THAT much more likely to score, and he won't catch many passes, so even if Holmes doesn't score, a 7 catch, 70 yard game from Holmes is the same as a 20 yard and a TD game from Tolbert. If Holmes DOES score, double the fun--start Holmes.

I personally go with Tolbert. I think his role is going to be plenty big, and I wouldn't be surprised to see SD get out to a lead and run the ball. Could see a couple of TD's from him.

I dunno that Tolbert is THAT much more likely to score, and he won't catch many passes, so even if Holmes doesn't score, a 7 catch, 70 yard game from Holmes is the same as a 20 yard and a TD game from Tolbert. If Holmes DOES score, double the fun--start Holmes.

Tolbert is more than just a goalline back who might vulture a TD. He is going to rotate a lot of touches with Mathews. He could easily see 12-15 touches for 50-60 yards and get a reception or two himself, with a good chance to score a TD. With TD's being worth 12 points (assuming that isn't a typo), I like him over Holmes.

He could easily see 12-15 touches for 50-60 yards and get a reception or two himself, with a good chance to score a TD.

Opinions vary.

Tolbert is more than just a goal line back who might vulture a TD. He is going to rotate a lot of touches with Mathews. He could easily see 12-15 touches for 50-60 yards and get a reception or two himself, with a good chance to score a TD. With TD's being worth 12 points (assuming that isn't a typo), I like him over Holmes.

TD worths 12 pts.. heavy TD scoring league...also there's bonus for 100+ rds rush/receiving...

thanks for mine.

id play holmes. minny has a usually tougher run d, and from what ive read, dallas' secondary is ailing....therefore id play holmes all day long. tolbert will prob be used in goalline situations, or for 3rd down, and if mathews gets hurt.

The Jets are still going to run the ball a lot but they are going to be even more commited to the passing game this season.

Santonio is the go to guy and he would be my flex starter.

Please see my topic if you can.

Good Luck!

Tolbert hands down. He will get carries against the Vikes at the goal line and he will get late game carries becuase the Vikings secondary is not so hot. I'll say they win by 20 and half the game is running the ball with Tolbert beucase Mathews was injured in preseason so why pound him when you have "the bowling ball"........but opinions are like a$$holes....everyones got em!

Dallas secondary is weak and VERY vulnerable to the long ball... in PPR i don't see how you can not go with Holmes... i think that this game will be a high scoring affair

see mine WSIS

How confident are you feeling against your Week 1 opponent? I think Holmes gives you more consistency and a reliability factor in that you'll certainly see some benefit-- if you think you are going to beat the opposition handily, I'd be more likely to go after the sure thing in Holmes. However, if you are a little less certain of how your team will fare, then you might get that big week from Tolbert or you might see a total bust, as I don't see him going for more than 70 yds but with your 12 pt TDs, you never know.

Personally, I'd go with Holmes-- more reliable to return you some points and has the ability to go for a big game.

Check out mine: My link

Tolbert is still going to be the goalline back for SD. He will score multiple TD, and with the 12pt per TD scoring system I believe is the better start.

Thanks for mine.

Tolbert is still going to be the goalline back for SD. He will score multiple TD, and with the 12pt per TD scoring system I believe is the better start.

Thanks for mine.

Thanks for replying to another one my threads. However, I've already responded to this one, so I'll jot your name down and respond to a future thread.

Good Luck this week!

I like Tolbert with that scoring format. Besides the Williams wall is nothing but crumbled stone now, I would feel comfortable starting almost any RB against them.

Holmes should do well against that pourous secondary though.

I might just pick the guy of which game I would rather watch just for a little bit more insentive to enjoy that game. The only downside here is he sucks and you start drinking early! :cheers:

I'm a fan of Tolbert and Minnesota's past it's prime...I also don't believe in Matthews (I think Todman was drafted just in case Matthews is a bust).

Thanks for answering mine! :)

Thanks for the help! It's a 2nd season in a 32-team PPR/IDP (2 copies of each player) dynasty league. Rosters are deep and it's one of the harder leagues I've been in so we are playing some pretty questionable guys some weeks. I think based on responses i'll roll antonio brown.