Sign in to follow this  
djkuula

Looking for opinions on QB and Flex

I can Google for simple "start A over B" comments; what are the reasons you guys would use to make these decisions? Note that this is *not* a PPR league.

QB: Romo is the main guy, but playing matchups it seems Stafford may have an easier time vs. the Bucs than Romo will vs. the Jets.

Flex: Brandon Lloyd was the Man last year, but the Broncos may be more run-oriented this season. Jahvid Best, you never know -- he's a crapshoot from week to week. Addai I'm considering mainly because he's likely to see greater-than-normal action with Manning out.

FWIW, here's the rest of my squad. With Calvin Johnson on board, I'm a little concerned about maybe putting too many eggs in the Detroit Basket.

WR: Calvin Johnson, Vincent Jackson

RB: Jamaal Charles, Matt Forte

TE: Jimmy Graham (any week your TE finds the end zone is a Good Week. :) )

K: Sebastian Janikowski

DEF/ ST: New England

My bench is thus:

WR: Brandon Lloyd, Danny Amendola, Roy Williams

RB: Best, Addai

TE: Brandon Pettigrew

I feel like I went a little Lions-crazy in my draft after watching that crazy preseason game against the Pats. :)

You don't want to make a habit out of starting a QB/WR combo from the same team, but I'd do it this week with Stafford and Calvin. Since you'd be putting your eggs in the pass basket then, I probly wouldn't start Best, so we're down to Addai or Lloyd. Since Indy might be playing catch-up, i.e. passing, you about have to give the nod to Lloyd.

You don't want to make a habit out of starting a QB/WR combo from the same team, but I'd do it this week with Stafford and Calvin. Since you'd be putting your eggs in the pass basket then, I probly wouldn't start Best, so we're down to Addai or Lloyd. Since Indy might be playing catch-up, i.e. passing, you about have to give the nod to Lloyd.

Good points. On a side note, speaking of Indy passing, Kerry Collins is 111 yards away from overtaking Joe Montana for #10 all time in passing yardage!