Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

What to do with this whole Nicks thing?

Well this couldn't have worked out any worse. Nicks, even though he says he's going to play, looks to be a game time decision. My only other real option instead is Meachem but they play at 1pm tomm. If Nicks plays I can see him having a huge game but I then run the risk of taking a zero if the docs shut him down. I'm playing a tough opponent and need all the points I can get. My other wr is Welker and it's a 1pt PPR league. Gamble on Nicks or play Meachem???

Kinda in the same boat.

It's either Boldin or Nicks for me. I'll watch all the pregame shows & make my decision then, but I still expect Nicks to be a GTD.

The guy I play this week is a big time smack talker so I'd really, REALLY like to win.

Part of me says play it safe with Boldin. The other half is telling me to start Nicks & then talk smack back saying I'm so confident that i'll beat you even despite Nicks status in question.

Truth is I'm not sure I have the balls. LOL

Me too! I have Nicks and I do want to start him this week.

I have 3 rb's going and really only need to start 2 wr's.

I will most likely start M.Austin and put S.Johnson in over Nicks.

That would leave H.Nicks,H.Ward and Colston who is out anyway on my bench.

I hate game time decisions.

I'm also in the boat! I will also be watching pregame shows and see if I hear anything. But might be playing Burleson in place of him to be safe.

Hello? McFly??

It's not like Nicks is a must-start even if he plays. Six of the fourteen weeks he played last year, he had under 10 fantasy points. And even if he plays, he'll still be playing injured--so this is likely another mediocre week.

Sure, if your only other option is to throw out Brian Robiskie and hope for the best, then yeah, you start Nicks and bite your nails... but when you have quality options like Burleson, Boldin, or even Meachem, you start them instead and get your points worry-free.

I'm in your shoes too. My gut tells me to shut down Nicks this week. Yeah, we might miss out on another good week, but meachem isnt going to kill you i dont think. if nicks doesn't play, or goes out and gets hit once and is back in the locker room you're going to be kicking yourself saying you should have known better.