Sign in to follow this  
browns16-0

Mike Kafka

Let me start with this: I am in a 2qb league and my qbs suck. i have Romo,Orton,Cassel, and Kerry Collins. Even if Kafka only starts one game or so, what do you think his numbers will be? He has to be a better option than the bums sitting on my bench.

There are no guarentees that Vick is out in Week 3 and it's also still possible Vince Young would be named the starter if Vick is out.

BUT I'd say the odds are pretty good that Kafka might get a start next week. He actually looked pretty good last night and he outplayed Young all preseason. Was poised in the pocket and made good, quick throws. He didn't have an incompletion other than the Maclin drop and the hail mary. With the Eagles skill position players, he might not be a terrible start next week in a 2 QB league.

Let me start with this: I am in a 2qb league and my qbs suck. i have Romo,Orton,Cassel, and Kerry Collins. Even if Kafka only starts one game or so, what do you think his numbers will be? He has to be a better option than the bums sitting on my bench.

My take as an Eagles fan:

The coaches say good things about Kafka, the Eagles have a good offensive system in place, and he's in his second year. The Eagles have a good record of backups coming in and putting up passable numbers. If you're looking for a spot start, be warned that the Eagles will probably have a pretty conservative game plan, but I would still guess 200 yards and a TD with a chance for more.

It sounds as if you passionately desire for him to start and perform well over the next few weeks. Ironically, Kafka said in the post-game interview regarding his opportunity, "By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired." When asked if he could carry the team while Vick was injured, he replied, "By imposing too great a responsibility, or rather, all responsibility, on yourself, you crush yourself." The reporter then asked if he could "fly like an Eagle," to which he said, "We all have wings, but they have not been of any avail to us and if we could tear them off, we would do so."

What? Oh...

I'm sorry, apparently those are quotes from FRANZ Kafka.

Never mind.

It sounds as if you passionately desire for him to start and perform well over the next few weeks. Ironically, Kafka said in the post-game interview regarding his opportunity, "By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired." When asked if he could carry the team while Vick was injured, he replied, "By imposing too great a responsibility, or rather, all responsibility, on yourself, you crush yourself." The reporter then asked if he could "fly like an Eagle," to which he said, "We all have wings, but they have not been of any avail to us and if we could tear them off, we would do so."

What? Oh...

I'm sorry, apparently those are quotes from FRANZ Kafka.

Never mind.

:doublethumbsup: Awesome.

I do think MIKE Kafka should do pretty well if he starts this week. Because it is only his first start, teams really don't have a book on him yet, so that gives him a little advantage. He looked very good in pre-season, and like some others have said he has great weapons to work with. Combine that with the Giants banged-up secondary and he should put up some pretty decent numbers.