Sign in to follow this  
gte1012

Stafford @ Minn or Fitzpatrick vs. New England

Stafford is lights out right now. But he goes into Minnesota a team with a decent pass defense, regardless of how bad they really are.

But Fitzpatrick has been nearly just as good, 7 TD's in 2 games, and he is playing at home against a team that is letting up 400 yards per game passing to (granted Philip Rivers) but Chad Henne as well. Brady will get his 400 yards and 4 TD's so you know it will be a shootout.

Do I ride the match up and go with Fitzpatrick?

QB:

Stafford, Fitz, Peyton

RB:

McCoy, McFadden, Starks, Ced. Benson, Grant, Ingram

WR:

Stevie Johnson, S. Moss, Reggie Wayne, Manningham, Colston

TE:

Gates

Do I dare start Newton vs Jax over Stafford??

stafford has thrown 13 tds in last 5 starts. he's the only qb not named fran tarkenton to have two 4-td games in his first 15 starts. don't overthink.

I am a Pats fan. So it goes against my team devotion to start someone because it is a good matchup. But Stafford is lights out right now. I probably have to ride that pony until he cant ride no more.

Stafford is a substantially better start according to 99% of the sites and the statistics. And that is not homer speak.

For the Cam Newton person, it is actually a dead heat between Stafford and Newton with Stafford having a slightly higher upside because Stafford has a greater supporting cast.

NOTE: The main site I use just updated Stafford's projections and now has him ahead of Newton.